Acrylic fabrication is basically a process of transformation of the acrylic plastic sheets into a completely different form of an item like letterings for a signage, a coffee mug, are to name a few. This process has found a huge number of applications and has gained immense popularity in the recent times. The main reason behind the popularity of the process is because of the variety of uses, it is reasonable, and it also has multiple industrial applications which are beneficial for the producers as well as for those who use the final products.
Tools Used in the Process
There are different types of tools that are generally used in the process of large – scale acrylic fabrication which is as mentioned below.
- Lathe Machine – This tool is used for the cutting the sheets of acrylic plastics into the desired length
- Milling Machine – This tool is used to move the cut pieces through the process
- Polishing Machine – This tool is used for the purpose of finishing the product by using a variety of settings
- Annealing Machine – This tool is used for heating the plastic so that the stress from the plastic can be released.
- Laser Machine – This tool is used to cut the acrylic plastic into small pieces and to engrave them.
Depending on the requirements, the pieces are made in a wide array of sizes and shapes using the process of acrylic fabrication. There are some companies who deal with only a particular type of product and hence they have only the tool that is required to manufacture that particular product.
Features of Acrylic Fabrication
The most important feature of the process is that a different variety of effects can be achieved with help of this process.
- Thickness – The thickness can be increased or decreased as per the requirement in the product to be manufactured.
- Shape – The shape can be altered with ease as and when required keeping in mind the end product of the process.
- Design – The process of acrylic fabrication is used to vary the design of the product to be manufactured which provides a significant amount of flexibility.
- Finishing – The process helps in the achievement of diverse finishes which ranges from a high glossy finish to a frosted matte style finish.
- Polishing – There are several ways by which the polishing is done that include flame polishing, diamond edge polishing, and hand buffing.
The process is often used as a much more desirable way to make an item rather than making glass for the similar purpose. Basically, the fabrication of acrylic plastics acts as a replacement of glass here. Moreover, this process is very simple, convenient and less expensive which makes the products affordable to almost all.
Advantages of the Process
There are several advantages of the process of fabrication of acrylic plastics that are as described below.
- First and foremost, the products can be easily formable just with a little amount of heat which is enough for attaining the desired shape and size.
- The products so formed are resistant to the external environment where they are kept.
- These products tend to last longer that the other plastic products.
- These products are resistant to yellowing with the passage of time which keeps its beauty intact.
Hence, it can be seen that the process of acrylic fabrication can manufacture a huge variety of attractive products. Most importantly the cost of manufacturing is not high and hence the products manufactured are available at a reasonable price.