The unbeatable beauty of South India is well known for its uniqueness and charm. The state is wrapped with magical waterfalls, religious shrines, romantic beaches, and dense greenery. South India is enveloped by the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean on three sides. South India is the most popular destination in India which becomes the preferred choice of travel enthusiasts and nature lovers during winters.
Is South India safe for a solo traveler?
In our daily lifestyle, we mostly heard about scams, scandals, and many other criminal activities. To stay secure, our safety is the major key to focus on while traveling to unknown cities or states. Yes, it is also safe for the solo female traveler to travel, but it is usually advised to be on the safer side. To stay safe it is recommended to pre-book every service and amenities and stay with a top-class service provider or travel agent. Moreover, you must take some necessary steps like sticking with bottled mineral water or keep your medications with you, etc to maintain your hygiene while traveling.
Cultures of South India
- Clothes – The cultures of the region may vary from place to place. South Indian women wear traditions attire like sarees, churidar, salwar – kameez, and other western wear whereas men wear dhoti and western clothes.
- Food – Most of South Indian delights are seafood-focused as it is a coastal region. Rice and seafood are the main components of South Indian delicacies. In Kerala and Tamil Nadu, coconut water is widely used in its platter.
- Folk dance and music – The traditional folk dance and music of South India has the main focus on carnation music. The folk dances of South India include Kuchipudi, Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, Kathakali, Oppana, etc.
- Paintings and sculptures – Tanjore painting, mural painting, Raja Ravi Vama paintings, and Mattancherry Dravidian mural paintings, are the most popular art of paintings.
- Artifacts – many antiques, handloom articles, and handicraft items are the best things to buy in the South India holidays.Book Now!
Languages of spoken in South India
Amazingly, English is the primary language of South India which widely spoken all over the state. Moreover, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam are the most common languages of South India. The largest population speaks Hindi and other languages.
The states of South India
There are five main states of South India including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala. The union territories of South India are Goa, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman, and Nicobar. Andhra Pradesh is the largest state of South India which was later separated as two different states making Karnataka, the largest one.
Popular religious sites of South India
The most popular religious sites of South India are Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh, Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu, Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu, Tanjore in Tamil Nadu, Madurai in Tamil Nadu, Hampi in Karnataka, Chottanikkara in Kerala, Pattadakal in Karnataka, and Rameshwaram in Tamil Nadu which you can explore in South India pilgrimage tour packages.Book Now
South India is the best place to plan your holidays as the state offers more than you expect. From wildlife to backwaters, hills to a tea plantation, South India is blessed with abandoned beauty. So, plan your tour to South India with the best tour package and explore the magnificent beauty of the state.