If you want to buy Jarrah decking WA, you should consider buying it in the Bennets Timber Service. All of the Jarrah decking offered by the Bennets is kiln dried, milled, and machined by the Bennets’ professional team. So, it is guaranteed that you will get a quality and durable product at a reasonable price. Bennets Timber Service provides a few grades of Jarrah decking, which are the select grade, standard grade, and feature grade.
The sizes of Jarrah decking include 85mm x 19mm, 105mm x 19mm, 130mm x 19mm. Bennets Timber Service provides decking services in the Perth area and surrounding areas in the South West. But you can also place your order in other locations in Australia.
About Jarrah Timber Decking
If you are looking for a perfect and gorgeous addition to the look of your house in Australia, outdoor Jarrah timber decking is the best option. Such a deck can be built as an extension to be a back verandah or patio. It can also be built as an incredible new attachment to your home. Having a pretty wooden deck will allow you to have a great place to get relaxed and enjoy the fresh air, hold a barbeque party with your family and friends, or a romantic dinner with your spouse.
Jarrah timber decking can be built as a unique standing place without leaning on the wall or with support from the wall. There is a broad range of wood types that can be used to build such a deck. So, you can have various options and choose the one that meets your taste and preference. If you are getting confused, below are some suggestions that might help you choose the right and best Jarrah timber decking in Perth and the South West.
What is the Best Timber Decking for Perth and the South West?
Jarrah is definitely the recommended timber decking for Perth and other areas of Western Australia. Why? When it comes to timber decking materials, it is an incredible quality wood that has been used to build outdoor decks for years. Jarrah is considered as the best wood type, especially for outdoor needs. This wood material will create a durable and good deck that can last for a long time because it is extremely resistant to weather changes and termites.
As it is durable, Jarrah is also a recommended material to build floors, poles, panels, sleepers, and flooring in houses. Jarrah comes in red and brown tones that can bring a luxurious and stunning look to your house. Selecting Jarrah to build an outdoor deck will provide you an incredible finish. If you prioritize aesthetics, you should consider choosing Jarrah timber decking.
Building Jarrah Timber Decking
When you decide to build your own Jarrah timber deck, there are several things that you should keep in mind.
- You should mark the length and width with the help of strings. Correct and proper measurement is extremely important so that you can build the right shaped wooden deck.
- Once you have checked out the right position of the drainage system and cables, you must dig holes. The holes should be 300mm in size to fix the posts for your deck.
- In order to set the stir-up bracket, you should pour the concrete into the holes. The distance between the bottom of the post and the ground should be 75 mm. You should also measure the vertical limits of the posts. Caliper the post until it straightly stands. Then, let the concrete set well.
- You should check the height of the floor to find the thickness where the deck is going to be built. If you plan the Jarrah decking to touch the wall of your house, fix the deck to the walls in your house. Use Dyna bolts in order to do so. The Jarrah timbers should be screwed well in the places where there is a need.
- All the bearers should be attached to the posts by using the anchor used for framing. You should also attach the joists and bearers by using the frame anchors at a regular interval of 450 mm. Once you have set up the frames, you should lay the Jarrah timber decking boards across the frame. You are suggested to use galvanized nails in order to nail the boards in place.
- You should place all of the boards over the joists. Once you have fixed the boards, you should remove excess woods by using a circular saw.
- Choose the right varnish or paint that suits the wooden deck and also the color of your house. Make sure you neatly paint it.
Various Timber Dressing Options for Jarrah Timber Decking
Some of you might find it a tougher work to dress the timber decking than planning and placing the deck. If the timber is recycled, you should check for any metals inside, such as nails. You can use a simple metal detector to find the nails or any metals. Then, use a plier to remove them. Once you have removed the nails, scrub the timber with a metal brush. This will get rid of splinters as well as correct the uneven surfaces in the decking timber.
In order to dress the timber decking, you will need a pair of winding sticks. If you have not heard about it yet, a winding stick is two parallel sticks with a long stick above them. Place the timber in the dressing position by using the winding sticks. Then, tune the timber well to bring it to a perfect level by using a buzzer. Dress all timbers in a similar way. So that you can reveal the gorgeous and stunning red color of the Jarrah. If you want to dress the timber by using the latest machinery, there are various timber dressers available.
That is all about Jarrah timber decking. You can access the official website of the Bennets Timber Service to find the right services for Jarrah decking WA.