A timber flooring Installation adds a certain panache to the overall look of the space and does its bit elevate the ambiance. It also blends in well with most of the themes. Of course, a certain amount of maintenance is required, and you can easily maintain your timber flooring by regular cleaning. So, if you are looking to add a classic touch to get your house then you must read the following part to know about timber flooring installation.
There are a few things that you need to remember before you go in for a timber flooring installation. You need to consider the overall design of the interior before you start researching the best timber flooring installation. There are plenty of designs available and you can choose the best one according to your preferences. Also, it is preferable if you understand the different processes through which the timber goes through before it gets a place of pride in your home.
How would you install timber flooring?
Strip timber flooring installation is available in a wide range of specifications and colors. The manufacturer is usually a saw miller who would take great care in cutting off timber. The rough sawn boards would then have to smoothen and can be generalized into a separate operation.
• The distribution stage involves selling it to the timber merchants who would further sell it to the installer.
• The Architect or designer would then specify the measurements and the designs of the product to be installed.
• The builder will have to fit with the joints and jousts to set the flooring permanently in its place.
• The installer will then place the timber flooring over the subfloor.
• And finally, the sanding and finishing take place to give the look worth dying for.
Now that you have the information about how this works, we move on to the next stage.
How much Is Timber Flooring Installation per Square Meter?
Timber flooring installation price can vary according to its nature, quality, and durability. This depends on the nature of flooring, design, and the construction of the room where it needs to be installed. The grade of timber and the species also plays an equally important part in it.
The base range is anywhere around $40/m^2 to $50/m^2, which is laced with a lot of imperfections and knots. The best quality timber flooring option would cost upward of $100/m^2 moving north as far as $150/m^2. These are the classiest of the lot and have seen a lot of demand from hotels, pubs, and restaurants. The usual mid-ranged ones are priced at $60/m^2 to $80/m^2.
Types of Timber Flooring Installation
• The structural Timber Floors which are 100mm to 150mm wide and 19mm thick
• Floating Timber floors
• Parquetry Flooring is available in a few patterns. The costs also vary as per the pattern selected.
• Hardwood timber floorboards again have quite a few options, and their prices vary as per the options available.
Timber Flooring Installation is an expensive affair if compared to the other methods of flooring. However, there are a few reasons for choosing timber flooring over other options such as:
• They are extremely durable
• Quite easy to maintain
• If you intend to resale your property, the value automatically goes up
• Is environment-friendly and sustainable
• Is available in myriad shades and will blend well with the surrounding
• And of course, will look gorgeous and add to the overall ambiance
Timber Flooring Installation is a onetime investment one should indulge in, and sure given the mood it adds to the overall environment, it is a decision that would never be regretted.