Finding and choosing a study abroad agent is a technical job because there is no standard for judging the agents. On the other hand, “acquaintances recommended” is not 100% reliable. So in this case, what you can trust is just yourself. Then how can you find the right agent for yourself? First of all, you should learn more about studying abroad and the inside story of study abroad agent. In addition, another important thing is that you need to know and master some tips for finding an agent for studying abroad.
Here, let’s focus on the tips about finding an agent for studying abroad at first.
Tip 1. Use Course Finder to Quickly Search the Agents Around You
The first thing you need to do is to know what the study abroad agents are around you and get their information. After that, you can manage the information you have collected then compare them and choose one or two of them that most satisfy you. Then, how to find a course finder to find an agent for you? If you have no any idea, you can consider the professional course and agent search tool – CatEight.
CatEight is a multifunctional course and agent search tool that equips both powerful search and application functions. As for the search, it enables you to find agents and schools from different countries and search for different kinds of course. As for the application, it can assist you to apply for a course and student visa with ease. Hence, if you want to find a study abroad agent, you can turn to this professional tool.
The followings are the steps to find study abroad agents using CatEight:
– Enter the Agent Finder section of CatEight.
– Choose the country/region of the agents, such as Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore, Canada, etc.
– Select the service type you want. The options here include Course Application, Visa Application, Course & Visa Application.
– Choose the destination of your wanted service. The options provided by CatEight have: Global services, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, China, Austria, Brazil, Canada and so on.
– Hit the Search button to get the agent list.
After getting the list, you can view the details of the agents and compare them then choose one or two of them.
Tip 2. Know and Avoid Routines of Agents
To find and choose a reliable agent, it is necessary for you to know the routines of study abroad agents then you can avoid them. The routines include but not limited to:
- Signing is Everything: In order to sign up, some agents will ignore the reality, such as the students’actual conditions, the schools they want to apply for, etc. No matter what the conditions are, they will agree to it first just for signing. However, they cannot guarantee that the application can be successfully completed as required.
- Recommend Several Fixed Institutions: Regardless of the conditions of the students and the schools they wish to apply for, some agents will find excuses to say that you are not a good fit for these schools and recommend several fixed institutions for you. Of course, it is possible that students are really not qualified to the school but there is also a possibility that the agents are cooperating with the institutions.
Tip 3. Visit and Communicate with Agents
After knowing the agents you are interested in and know the routines of study abroad agents, you can then go to visit the chosen agencies and have a communication with them. During the communication, you can understand the basic situation of these agencies, have a general understanding of their abilities and so on, which will help you make a wiser choice. When necessary, you can consult several study agents and make a comparison. If you consult more agents, you may find some other problems. For example, the words spoken by the different study abroad agents are very different. At this time, you need to do more search work and get more information so that you can make relatively objective judgments on your own.
Tip 4. Read Carefully before Signing the Agreement
When signing the study abroad agreement with the agent, you must carefully read the terms, clarify rights and responsibilities and thoroughly understand the expenses. The agreement will take effect once signed, so you must not be sloppy and ask clearly where you don’t understand.
Above are the tips about finding an agent for studying abroad. When you find an agent, you should notice the things mentioned above to ensure that you can finally find a reliable and right agent to be your helper, which will also help you to apply for the dream school more easily and effectively.