Emails are still the most predominantly used channel for networking. As such, it remains the most common tool used by professionals to communicate with other people on the web. For this reason, it is important that you know how to write an email correctly.
This is even more important if you want to get responses from your emails. You need to know how to write an email that even a CEO from a particular company will want to respond to.
Here are some tips on how to create a professional email that can really generate responses:
You need to make it to the inbox.
One reason why most of our emails are not getting replies or responses is because our recipients can’t see them. Your email might just go straight to the spam folder which is why you’re not receiving any responses. You have to know how to get your email to make it to the inbox of your recipient. Here’s how:
- Ask your recipient to add you their address book. Emails that come from people who are not in your address book usually end up in the spam folder. To prevent this from happening to your emails, ask your recipient to add you to their address book. After they do so, your email should be seen in your recipient’s inbox and it’s more likely that the recipient will reply.
- Don’t use spammy words or phrases. Use simple business words or phrases throughout your email as much as possible. You don’t want to use words or phrases that can be linked to scams, spoofs, or fake offers like. These include, “you have been selected”, or “for instant access”. Phrases like these are automatically flagged and your email will never be read.
- Create a smart subject line. Your subject line is what will determine whether your recipient is going to be interested with your email or not. When writing a subject line, be sure to be specific as much as possible. Include the name of your brand and peak their interest with an alluring question or phrase.
Never forget to include a “call to action”.
Your readers won’t typically respond or act unless, of course, if you urge them to do so. The best way to get a response from your email is to include a “call to action”. This could be anything that you want to achieve by sending your email. If you want your recipient to subscribe to you, you could put something like “give [name of your brand] a try”, or “Start Your Free Trial”. If you want your recipient to make a purchase then include a “call to action” that urges the email recipient to make the purchase. Whatever it is that you want your recipient to do after reading your email, be sure to include it.
Make your email look good at all times.
You do know how important it is for everything on the internet to look good so it can garner interests, right? The same can also be said about emails. If your email looks dull and boring, no one will be motivated to respond to it. Heck, no one will even continue reading it. You also need to be creative when writing the email. Use fonts, logos, pictures, colors, and a particular layout to make your email look good. Here are a couple of pointers that you need to remember though when designing your email:
- Be consistent with your email design. You need to be consistent with the design of your email. If you have a company logo, make sure to include it in every single email that you write. This will allow you to have consistent sense of style with your emails. Use uniform fonts, colors, layout, pictures, and logos in all of your emails.
- Your email must be mobile-friendly. Since your recipient will most likely be reading your email on their mobile devices, you need to design them in a way that they will also look good on mobile devices. Make your emails mobile-friendly at all times. By doing so, your recipients will not have a hard time reading it when they open it up on their smart phones.
- Always use descriptive image texts. Email images are usually disabled by most email servers unless they change the settings. Make sure that you use descriptive image texts for your email images so that your readers won’t be missing anything.
Make your email straight and short.
You can’t have an email that’s long because your recipients will surely lose interest in it. Keep your email as short as possible and straight to the point. Translate your message into a short email that can easily connect with your recipient. Avoid including a lot of details about your brand or company. If possible, state your intentions or the purpose of the email directly so that no piece of information will be overlooked.
Always have something to offer to your recipients.
You need to indicate in your email what are you offering. Your recipients will want to know why they’re getting an email in the first place and it is important that you indicate the purpose of your email at the very beginning, so they won’t lose interest with it. Indicate in your subject line what you are offering so you can peak the interests of your recipients.
Be sure to optimize the landing page of your email.
The last thing you will need to do to make sure that you get responses from your email is to optimize the landing page that it leads to. Your landing page could be anything. It can be a page where you want them to sign-up for a free trial, or it could be a page where you want them to make a discounted purchase, etc. Make sure that the landing page is working properly and is easy to access. Also, make sure that you enable an analytics tool on your landing page so that you can keep track how many responses you get from your emails.
Blue Mango Media understands that nowadays we all get more emails than we could possibly ever read, which is why yours need to stand out. Follow the steps above and your email marketing campaign will surely be a huge success! You’ll have more click-throughs and responses than you can possibly imagine once you get to implement these tips on your email marketing campaigns.