Belkin wireless routers are the fastest among all at long range and best internet connectivity versus other leading brands. On the other hand, Belkin wireless routers are ideal for surfing the web, emailing, instant messaging, Belkin range extender setup, etc. and are easy to set up and install, allowing users to get your safe, secure, up and running wireless home network in minutes
The backup/ save setting is a feature in Belkin WiFi routers that lets you back up the entire configuration made to the device. Moreover, you can also use the advanced feature in case you wish to reset your device back to its factory default settings. Instead of setting up the router manually from scratch after the reset process, you can make use of the backup file to load the entire previous configuration that you have set on your Belkin router already.
Prior to the start, have a look below:
- Ensure that your Belkin device is connected to the computer or laptop with a well-maintained and dust-free Ethernet cable.
- You are receiving an uninterrupted (continuous), live and active internet connection.
- Your Belkin device is placed closer to the modem.
- The modem should carry the firmware that is updated by the latest version of the technology.
Once you are done with the aforementioned steps, take a glance to follow some creamy smooth steps below to learn how to back up the settings on your smart Belkin wireless router.
- Turn on your computer or a laptop and open any relevant and up-to-date web browser onto it.
- Now, into the address bar field, type belkin.range setup or the default IP address of your device.
- Next, on the upper right corner of the displayed page, hit the Log In button.
- Once you are prompt to log in, fill the login credentials and hit the submit button.
- After that, you have to click the save/ backup settings icon that is given under the utility option.
- Now, in the save/ backup current settings window, you have to take the cursor on save and click on it.
- As soon as you do this, a login window will appear asking to click on save. By doing this, your configuration file will be saved.
- At last, select your desired/ preferred location for the configuration file by clicking on the save button.
Note: We recommend you to save the file onto the desktop of your device. It will be a lot easy for you to locate it.
Well Done! You have perfectly secured a copy of the backup file for your Belkin router’s settings. Moreover, if you want to know how to restore the settings in your Belkin device using the backup file, please follow some baby touch steps below:
Steps to Restore the Belkin Router Making Use of a Backup File
- Launch any internet browser of your choice.
- Visit belkin.range and hit the enter key.
Note: You can also use the default IP (Internet Protocol) address of your Belkin device. In case you have changed the address, it is recommended to use that instead.
- Now, look at the top right corner of the displayed page you see the option named as Login. Yes? Click it.
- Fill in the password of your Belkin router, click on submit and under the utility section, click on restore previous settings.
- After that, in the restore previous saved settings window hit on the Browse… Button.
- Once you have done with it, you will see that a new window has appeared for you to select “configuration”. By doing this, your file will be restored and once you have located the file, consider selecting it and after that, click on open.
- At last, click on restore in order to begin restoring the configuration process.
Good Job! Your router has now been restored to its previous configuration successfully.
If you want to acquire more information or need any help for Belkin wireless range extender setup or any then we “the solution provider of Belkin” welcome you by heart to coordinate with our well-experienced, certified, and highly-qualified tech support team. Simply dial a toll-free number 1-844-991-0441 and get an immediate and relevant solution to all your brain-teaser troubles and queries.