What is eyelash extension?
Eyelash extensions are done to enhance the look of the eyelashes making them look longer, thicker, luscious and natural looking. Extensions are usually made up of single synthetic strands of eyelashes applied one by one directly to your individual eyelashes by a certified eyelash extension stylist. It’s your personal choice of what length of eyelashes you want, the amount of curl, the number of strands and so on. There are different material of eyelashes available like silk and mink, ranging for lower to higher prices and you can choose the material that you want. You can choose the amount of curl you want and they come in different ranges from J Curl , which is a small curl but looks longer, to B Curl, C Curl and D Curl, the last one being the most curliest. You can also choose the length of the lashes and the number of strands you want. The more the number of strands, the more the price and the better the volume and look of the lashes.
Different stylists have different options to show you and different lashes may look different on different people, so you need to be clear on what you want. Always look for a certified eyelash extension stylist. If you are looking for the best eyelash extensions course then get in touch with Xtreme Lashes today! Below are some tips that need to be considered before you go on with your eyelash extension.
Tips to consider before eyelash extension
- There are a whole lot of options available for the eyelashes from their material to length and the level of curls and the number of strands. And the more higher you go with the options, the more you need to pay, so it may often get very confusing in deciding the exact set of options. It’s always better to be clear on what you want before hand and the look you want to go with.
- Make sure you are done with your research of a certified and professional eyelash extension stylist before falling in for cheap alternatives. A certified stylist knows his job well and will not cause any damage or infection to occur. Even if it means paying a little more, you definitely would want to be sure of being in right hands.
- Keep spare time and do not fix an appointment in a rush amongst other priority things. The procedure may take up around 3-4 hours, so have enough spare and comfortable time and keep your mind off other things.
- If there is any sort of irritation or water coming in the eyes, you need to tell the stylist immediately. Eyelash extension is painless so it shouldn’t cause any irritation or reaction. But be ready to have some or no redness in the eyes that will go away in some time.
Tips to consider after eyelash extension
Here are few tips that you need to keep in mind after acquiring those beautiful, gorgeous and fluttery eyelashes –
- Do not wash your face for at least the first 12 hours so that the glue sticks well and the lashes do not fall off.
- You will have to change your makeup routine. It might seem difficult to remove your eyeliner or eye makeup now after having those eyelashes on. You cannot just go on rubbing your eyes and remove your makeup like you used to do before.
- You have to brush your eyelashes with a special brush daily otherwise they can look messy.
- Stay away from mascara. Neither you need it now nor it is good for the new eyelashes.
- You need to take care and stay away from dust as it will settle on the eyelids and its difficult to clean.
- Eyelash extensions stay on for 6-8 weeks if taken proper care, so it’s not permanent or one time investment.