A Linksys range extender is very much useful to boost up the WiFi range throughout the building. But you need to perform some basic Linksys extender setup steps before using your device.
The setup process of Linksys range extender is not so difficult as you think. It can easily be done within matter of minutes if you stick at linksys.com. It doesn’t acquire any additional effort. The setup process is completely based upon the model number. After that, you need to have a default login on http://extender.linksys.com.
Once you are connected successfully with extender Linksys, you are supposed to access the setup page by using the default login credentials.
- Plug your range extender into an electrical outlet and after that, connect your PC via Ethernet cable with it.
- Load up a web browser according to your need and in the address bar type the default IP address of your range extender. In case it doesn’t works, then go with linksys.com.
- Provide the default login details to the required fields, hit enter and login the set up page of your device. Once done, add the name of Linksys setup extender.
- Also, add the SSID number of your access point or the router and after that click the ‘save’ button.
If you encounter any difficulty, click here for more info extender.linksys.
Moreover, if your range extender suddenly stops working, the, go with reset process in order to set it back to factory default settings.
It is the most annoying thing ever if anyone needs to reset its wireless range extender back to factory default settings. Well, there are usually two ways to perform the reset process.
But before anything else, make sure that you have unplugged you device and took it away from the reach of kitchen and its appliances.
You can reset your Linksys device by holding the reset button for about 20 seconds. Once done, release it and enter the entire configuration settings again. Don’t worry, it will not annoy you. Just have a word with our tech support team and ask that you cannot connect to linksys extender.
You can reset the Linksys device through a safe and secure wireless connection. To do so, load up a web browser and in the address bar type the default IP address of your Linksys device. After that, in the menu choose ‘administration’ and afterward ‘factory default’. Once done, hit the option ‘restore factory defaults.
Once you have successfully performed the aforementioned process, unplug the range extender for couple of minutes and then you are free to plug it back again.
Connecting with the Linksys Extender PIN
The Linksys WiFi range extenders can easily get connected with setup PIN which is found on the product label of your device. This procedure is workable only if your existing router consists of WPS menu. Moreover, what you need to do:
- Type in the PIN onto the required field on your existing router WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) page.
- Once done, tick the OK icon on your home screen.
Setup of a Linksys Range Extender via WiFi Protected Setup
This process actually makes the process easier to connect the range extender and your home network with each other safely and successfully. By the help of this method, you can also connect other WiFi devices and open the wireless setup page.
- Hit the WPS button.
- Press the click button and let the pop-up appear on your home screen.
- On the other hand, you can also press the WPS button on your router for 10 seconds. But remember, you have to apply this process after two minutes.
- As soon as the connectivity happens, the LED lights on your range extender will about to blink.
Important Note: If you have a dual-band router, then press the WPS button twice.
For more information about Linksys setup and reset process, click here linksys extender.linksys.com.