People in many parts of India look for the best mustard oil for cooking. The reason for the popularity of this pungent smelling golden colour oil are many. The widespread use of mustard oil in many parts of the world is due to the amazing health benefits it provides to those who take it regularly in their diet. The benefits that mustard oil provides to us if wedailycook our food in it are as follows
- It keeps the heart healthy due to the presence ofhigh concentration of omega-3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Mustard oil also helps to keep the blood pressure level of an individual under control, which in turn reduces the chances of heart attack significantly.
- It is also known to fight colon and stomach cancer.
- It is known to improve the appetite of an individual. The reason behind improved appetite is due to its ability to improve the secretion of bile juice from the liver.
These are some of the benefits that people get when they use the best mustard oil for cooking.
While the most useful application of mustard oil is to cook delicious dishes, it also has several external uses that keep us healthy. Here we have listed some of the external uses of the mustard oil.
• It is a great massage oil that helps you to improve the circulation of the blood under your skin, which in turn, helps to tone up your skin.
• It is very helpful to decongest your nose in colder climate. Mustard oil has a very strong pungent smell which many people use to manage their breathing problem if they have asthma.
• Mustard oil has an anti-inflammatory property which is why many people choose this oil to manage their joint pains. It has been observed that arthritis patient uses the oil regularly to keep their joint pain in check.
• The highly pungent smell of mustard oil also makes it a good insect repellent.
• You can also use mustard oil as a sunscreen lotion. Mustard oil has high viscosity, which help it to protect your skin from UV rays.
• Mustard oil has antibacterial as well as antifungal properties. If you massage your skin daily with this oil, then it will help to cure skin rashes as well as any blemishes.
• Mustard oil is also used to keep the hair healthy and shiny. The regular massage of mustard oil on your scalp helps you to control the dandruff problem.This, in turn, helps you to stop hair falling and premature greying of your hair.
While there are many health benefits of using mustard oil, there are also some side effects associated with this oil. Some of which are discussed below for your ready reference.
• It contains Erucic acid, which is very toxic in nature. If you take this oil in large measure in your daily diet than it could lead to heart disease.
• Some experts believe mustard oil can lead to dropsy disease as well as a lung infection.
• Some people are allergic to mustard oil. If they take this oil than it wouldn’t result in sneezing, coughing, running nose and few such symptoms.
• Doctors generally advise the expectant mothers not to take mustard oil as researchers and found out that it may harm the foetus.
These are some of the benefits and side effect of the mustard oil. Therefore, take it in moderate quantities to enjoy its benefits and prevent its side effects.
Anil Kumar is a Digital marketing expert and working as a Sr. SEO in renowned digital marketing agency Addictive Media. He has five years plus experience in digital marketing arena. He helps many big brands to rank on Google’s first page and improve their sales through digital marketing platforms.