If you are that part of the population who don’t have a very clear idea of what car wraps actually are, well you have come to the right place. Car wraps are basically vinyl graphics that are pasted on top of a car’s original paint. They are available in a variety of customized shapes and sizes to fit all kinds of vehicles, be it small cars, or trucks, large vans, trailers, busses etc. When it comes to car wraps, the design and quality are two critical factors.
Low quality car wraps offer little or no protection from harmful UV rays, as well as is subjected to very quick wear and tear. If made from low-quality vinyl, the car wrap will tear, fade, and look horrifically bad. So, it’s a must that the car wrap you choose is of good quality. But, what about the design? Here are some tips that will tell you what actually goes into the design process. You can definitely get your vehicle a nice signage in Brisbane. Alpine Signs is one of the best and most experienced vehicle wrap companies in Brisbane. They offer you with the most innovative and high quality vinyl car wraps, for all sorts of vehicles and act as effective signage solutions.
The rules that act as a fundamental for vehicle wrap design and advertising
If you have been observing most of the wraps on road, you might think it’s difficult to understand the concept of designing an easy-to-comprehend message; but in reality, it’s not! (Well, at least once you understand what it takes to build and design a good vehicle wrap) These tips will help you get hold of a signage that will make you attain the maximum impact, and return on investment for your outdoor vehicle advertisements.
- A great brand: The brand should always be the main message for the vehicle wrap, and it needs to be a good one at that. For small businesses with the aim of impacting the community, the message is always about the brand. Money shouldn’t be wasted by working with a brand which has no business being implemented on the wrap. The brand is the message — period — and you can’t miss out on this huge marketing opportunity.
- Avoid photos: Though there are a few wraps which have efficiently made the use of photos, but generally, we believe any wrap that used a photo could have been better without it. The photo is not actually the brand identity and doesn’t give you the crucial message about your work. National chains may still use photos, as their brand is already known. But small businesses don’t have this luxury.
- Limit advertising copy: A good vehicle wrap needs just 3-4 essential things. Strong brand implementation, an effective tagline, a web address, and also a contact number. So, you should prioritize your copy, and the order should be this: brand, tagline, web, and phone number. Rather than listing 10 things on the wrap which mean nothing, it’s better to convey just one or two memorable takeaways.
- Design to stand out: You don’t need a diamond plate or carbon fibres to make your vehicle wrap design stand out. You will successfully design a wrap that actually stand out by eliminating all the frills, noisy backgrounds, photos, glows etc. Make sure that you design it in such a way that the passer-by can actually read and remember. They should be innovative, and unlike what everyone else is doing.
- Simple is good: If the viewer needs to try too hard to find out the brand messaging, it’s really not worth it. The vehicle wrap should be such that the viewer can stop, stare, read, and understand the message. The design should be simple and obvious, and the message shouldn’t get lost in the imagery.
Follow these five one-more-important-than-the-next rules and you will have yourself a vehicle wrap design that will stand out and do great wonders for your business. Keep these in mind, because you have very limited time to capture the viewer’s attention, and have your brand and the message conveyed and remembered properly.