The Barbican Centre is a famous hub that promotes performing arts. This hub is located at the Barbican Estate of the City Of London and is largest hub for promoting art in Europe. This place acts as a performing ground and promotional ground for various kinds of activities and music concerts. A lot of shows, theatres, contemporary music concerts and art exhibitions. This place also has a library, restaurant and conservatory to ensure that the tourists have a good time once here.
Located in Silk Street in London these are the top 6 attractions in Barbican Centre.
- Curve Gallery: As the name suggests, it is the gallery where art exhibition and art conferences are held. This place is located on the ground floor and various kinds of art , design and photography exhibitions are held here. Please note that there are admission charge for the entry to exhibition. The entry charges differ from time to time. So, if you are staying at a nearby Barbican Hotel in London, ensure that you check on the exact entry fee before visiting the place.
- Barbican Art Gallery: We all know the Barbican Centre is known to promote art and theatre. This art gallery located on the third level is where exhibition by renowned architects and artists are held. Many eminent personalities like Turner prize winning artists, acclaimed photographers and various international personalities are known to have exhibited their art at this very place. Not only are exhibitions held here but after the show there are exchange sessions that are held here.
- Conservatory: This is home to more than 2000 different kinds of tropical plants and trees. The Conservatory is like a tropical oasis that is located in the heart of the city. Now, do not mistake that it is a massive giant green house. There are various species also found here like finches, exotic kinds of fishes and quills. This glass structure was opened in 1984 for the public. A number of movie premieres, book launches and private parties are thrown at this place. If you are invited to a party at this location, then ensure that you put up at a nearby Luxury London Hotel Suites.
- Museum of London : If you want to know more about London and the UK way of life, then you have to visit this place. It show cases the evolution of modern UK right from the prehistoric era. It has many things on offer to the tourists.
- St Bartholomew the Great : This is one of the historic churches that was found in 1123 and features the pre Reformation octagonal font. Many movies have also been shot here.
- Guildhall Yard : This is the space between the Guildhall Art gallery and church St Lawrence Jewry. There are many open movie screenings, food market and art talks are known to be held here.
The Barbican centre or area has many gems to offer to the tourists. Ensure that you see them if you are passionate about art and theatre.