It is good to wear the proper winter jacket to beat the cold. It could be for style or to protect from the crazy cold; there are few details one must check before buying a coat. Typically the material, durability, cost and much more must be taken into consideration to purchase a long-lasting winter jacket.
Women coats and jackets have several features to be considered before buying. These features also change over the period and right to stay updated when you plan to add a new coat to your wardrobe. Find below some of the features to be looked at to get the best winter jacket one time and many times.
- Know your climate intensity and plan for a jacket accordingly. If you think your winters will have mild drizzles, then you need to go for a water resistant. So check for the type of the shell used. It could of polyester or nylon materials double layered or with DWR coatings.
- The durable water repellent coating given on the jacket will use fabrics and makes it water repellent. You must know that this can only prevent you from light showers and snowfall and not intense rain or heavy snow.
- The water repellent jacket can have multiple layers, and the double layer can have the outer layer made of fabric and laminating a soft inner membrane. So you can wear them for cold and feel good inside only the outside layer is waterproof.
- Insulation also is essential for winter jackets, and they offer warmth from the cold. The down insulation is made up of goose or duck. So, you will get a fluffy feeling soft, and they are not allergic to the skin. Down will make you feel warm and hug you softly not hurting your skin. Check for the down space as more space more you will feel warm. Check for 900, 700, 600, or 550 fill power insulation based on your need.
- You can also go for nylon insulation when you want to go for a quick maintenance as down insulated jackets will take its own time to dry after winter is over.
- Hoods next feature you must look at, as they help you warm from the winter and keeps you away from the ears as it covers to head.
- Then think if you will need ruffs around your hood. They offer additional protection from the storm and the wind.
- Look for jackets with pockets. Yes, it may sound funny to read it, but you will feel great for your wise decision as pockets will rest your cell phones inside and keep them warm too. It can also save your wallets, keys, and all your valuables.
Apart from the features mentioned, you must also check for the price. You must know that jackets cannot be cheap as they involve a lot of work and quality jacket will cost slightly on the higher end. Therefore, spend money based on your need and keep them safe for winters to come.