Gel nail polish have their own unique language and attitude that adds an amazing quality and texture to our nails. They brings a sheen of brightness and uniqueness that is completely different from traditional nail polish, acrylics etc. The application and removal of gel nail polish could be tricky for people, especially beginners. But it could be mastered in no time.
Gel nail polish requires a lot of stuff in the whole process in terms of gel base coat, gel top coat, gel nail polish, UV light and nail cleanser among others. You can even go for a kit that specifically serve this purpose and makes your task much easier. The best tips to apply gel nail polish are described below:
- The very first thing you need to do is clean your nails thoroughly. You can start with removing the old nail polish. After removing the old polish, use a wipe that is lint free to get rid of any dirt or debris present on your nails, nail bed and the area around it. This would prevent the nail polish to stick any other part of your nails. Shape your nails with a nail file to to get good results.
- Take your gel nail polish and shake it thoroughly as it contains a formula that needs to be shaken quite well. Always remember to shake it before every use. Shaking of the nail polish allows it to be applied easily and you get better even application. You need to shake only the colors not the base coat or top coat. There are nail paint shakers available in the market too to make the shaking process easy and better. You can make use of your hands also.
- Nail polish around the nails gives a bad impression and look to your nails. You can apply a lotion around your cuticles to avoid painting the area around your it. The lotion also helps out in the process of removing the nail paint by not making your cuticles too much dry.
- When you start applying the gel nail polish, use simple and short strokes. Apply the polish in a thin application while sealing the edges of your nails. The first sweep of the gel nail polish on your nails is the most important as it’s the foundation for the subsequent layers.
- You don’t need to have large amount of gel nail polish on your brush unlike the regular nail polishes. Too much gel nail polish will pool and make globs while getting thick around the edges. Gel nail polish have a different consistency which you should keep in mind about while applying it.
- After applying the thin 3-4 layers of polish on your nails, re-do your edges, the endpoints of your nails again with the gel nail polish. Make a sweep on the free edge coat every time you apply a coat of polish. This will help you out in long lasting of the polish which results in a more complete look.
- The next thing you need to do is remove the extra polish from around your nails. If you won’t do it before drying it off in the UV lights, it would stick to your fingers and won’t be removable. So, you have to remember to do it.
- Now you can dry off your gel nail polish in the lamp that fits your fingers perfectly. Don’t try to put all the fingers at the same time, if the lamp can’t take it. Put a setting of 2-3 minutes to get it dry perfectly.
- In the end, apply a cover of top coat on your gel nail polish. You need to avoid around the edges this time also but do cover all the color.
- You can end the process of applying gel nail polish by using a moisturiser or cuticle oil on your nails. To keep your nails healthy and strong you need to apply the oil quite rigorously.
So, by following these tips you can easily apply your gel nail polish and make your nails look best and beautiful.