It is not always possible for you to call professional painters because of tight monetary restraints. There are some times like this when you only have money to purchase top quality paints and some necessary tools for applying the same. So, whenever you are planning to paint like pro painters, you need some steps to consider first.
Have to prep the surface first:
For the first and initial stage as presented by painters, you have to create a prep ground. A painting job from professional painters in Melbourne can only turn around to be successful if you can properly prepare the surface you are planning to paint.
- It means, you have to scrape, sand, and patch and even fill every crack, hole, dent and even surface imperfections.
- Preparing the surface might not be a fun part but proven to be a crucial section for sure to work on.
- No paint, whatever the cost might have been, will be able to hike the cracked surface or pockmarked, even with the thickness, colour and claims from manufacturers.
Time to tint the primer:
Priming ceilings and walls is always mandatory whenever you are willing to paint new drywall or painting over dark colour. Well, it is always smart to prime anytime you are planning to paint, according to painters.
- Primers are known to serve three major functions. It helps in blocking stains from bleeding. Furthermore, it allows single coats for the paint and primarily, it improves the paint adhesion, reducing peeling and blisters well.
- The professionals will mostly tint primer towards finished colour by just mixing smaller amount of topcoat paint right into primer. This trick helps in enhancing ability of topcoat to hide the primed area.
- Furthermore, you can even purchase paints containing primers. However, nothing can cover or provide ultimate paint adhesion like dedicated primer for sure.
Head towards canvas in place of plastic:
If you ever ask house painters, they will always suggest you going for the canvas in place of the plastic. These plastic drop cloths are inexpensive examples to protect floors and furnishing from the paint spatters, but you might want to invest in canvas instead.
- Canvas is noted to be highly durable in nature and well resistant from rips too. It will always lay flat and present less of tripping hazards.
- Canvas helps in absorbing paint drips and can be folded easily around the doorways and corners. Furthermore, these drop cloths can last for a lifetime.
Just like professional painters, be sure to have all the painting tools near hand before you start off with the task. Results will gladly work out right in your favour.