Microsoft Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office suite. And it is the personal information manager of Microsoft. MS Outlook is used not only for mailing purposes but for the calendar, task manager, note taking, journal, and many more. Outlook was first launched as Hotmail and it is one of the first web mail services.
Microsoft Office Communicator is a part of MS Office Communications Server and is used for Instant messaging. Its latest version is 2007 R2 or 2007. But sometimes the user may face some difficulty in logging into it. An error may show up “ Outlook Integration Error”, while logging-in Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 or Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.
When you click on the message to read it or see it fully. You receive an error message, i.e. – “There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook. The e-mail address used in your default Outlook profile is different from the sign-in address used in Communicator. Change your default Outlook profile to match the sign-in address, you are using in Communicator and then sign out and sign back into Communicator”.
This sort of error usually occurs when the user’s primary Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address doesn’t match with MS Office Outlook profile. And the cause of such errors is due to email comparison check in Communicator 2007.
Please note – The Office setup customer support provided here will be applicable to only Microsoft Office Communicator 2007. Given below are the steps to deactivate the email comparison check and thus, solving your issues in a much easier way, possibly. They are :
This is an important section, which helps you in changing the registry. But the issues can turn up if you change the registry incorrectly. For your safety point of view, backup the registry before going for changing the registry. You need to backup and restore the registry, by following the correct steps. So it’s been recommended that you follow the steps carefully.
· There is an option to choose, to solve the troubleshoot- either by yourself or by Outlook Customer support.
· If you choose the option- solve it yourself. Then you need to follow the following steps, as follows–
- You need to click on the Start button and then on the Run option.
- After this, a box will appear, Open the box and edit regedit. After that click on Enter option.
- In the appeared box, locate and right click with your mouse or keyboard arrow keys, on the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator
- On the New folder, click on DWORD Value.
- Now you need to type “DisableEmailComparisonCheck” as the name for the New Registry. After this click on the Enter option.
- You need to again double click on “DisableEmailComparisonCheck”, Then type 1 in the Value data box, as displayed. Now click on the option OK.
- Now Exit from Registry Editor.
· If you choose the option- by Outlook Customer support. Please contact the same, for resolving your issues.
In this section, you need to download the Communicator 2007 Documentation Policies Package. To download it, please visit the MS website. After downloading, open the package and look for the file on your drive.
- After opening the file, click on Start option. And then click on Run Option, to run it.
- The box will open, type gpedit.msc. and then press Enter.
- After this Group Policy Object editor will open, expand Computer Configuration. Now right click on your mouse or keyboard arrow keys on Administrative Templates. Select on the all tasks option and then click Add/Remove Templates.
- After clicking on Add/Remove Templates, click on Add option.
- Policy Templates dialog box will appear on the screen. Click on the option Close.
- Again, go back to Group Policy Object Editor, expand Computer Configuration, expand MS Office Communicator Policy Settings and then click on the MS Office Communicator Feature Policies.
- You need to double-click on “ Disable Email Comparison Check for Outlook PIM integration”. After that, you need to select the option Enabled and click on the option OK.
Now Exit from Group Policy Object Editor.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://outlook-help-number.com/troubleshoot-outlook-integration-error/