The TSS Visa (Temporary Skill Shortage) Subclass 482 has replaced the Subclass 457 Visa. The TSS visa program can assist Australian businesses experiencing genuine skill shortages and cannot find Australian workers to fill their vacant position.
The Subclass 482 (TSS) Visa streams
- Short-Term Stream – up to two years
- Medium-Term Stream – up to four years
- Labour Agreement Stream
Applying for a TSS Visa
To be eligible to apply for a TSS visa, you must have an Australia employer who is willing to sponsor you. If you don’t have an employer, see our employer sponsored job vacancies.
TSS Visa holders can
- live and work in Australia for up to four years
- study in Australia
- include immediate family on TSS visa
- transition to permanent residency (if eligible)
The Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482 Visa allows skilled workers and their families to live and work in Australia for an approved business for up to four years.
TSS Visa applicants must be qualified or have sufficient experience in an occupation listed on the relevant Skilled Occupation List.
Extend your stay
If your 482 (TSS) visa is expiring soon and you would like to continue working for your employer:
- your employer will need to submit a new nomination
- you can apply for a new 482 TSS visa