When you are looking to heat the interior spaces effectively and efficiently, then indoor gas heaters are a good option. These gas heaters are efficient for heating up larger spaces and the cost will generally depend upon the area that they are living in. But gas heaters generally tend to be less expensive option than electric heaters mainly during winters when the temperature drops down below the freezing point for long durations of time. Some of the features of gas heaters are
- These are an economic way of heating the interior spaces and can heat up even the coldest of places where the other systems fail.
- Gas heaters can be bought new or in a used condition and it will be able to heat up large spaces.
- It is more efficient when used to heat one room at a time rather than many rooms together.
- This is a type of space heater that was designed for interior use and can be used safely.
- It is very important to know how to maintain the heaters and operate it safely.
- Features like the amount of power consumption and the area which it will be able to heat should be verified before buying.
- Flammable objects should not be kept close to the heaters as it might cause serious problems.
- When planning the place a gas heater, adequate room should be allocated.
How to choose a gas heater?
The following factors will have to be considered when choosing a gas heater
- If the heater should be portable or flued.
- The different types like convectors, radiant, power flued, etc. should be considered.
- The size that is required for the space that has to be heated should be taken into account.
- Appropriate gas type has to be chosen from the available natural gas and LPG versions.
Types of Gas Heaters
- Unflued heaters emits some combustion gases into the air and the maximum levels which are specified by the government should be maintained.
- Portable heaters can be used without any installation as all that you would require if a bayonet fitting and it can be stored anywhere when not used. When there are kids and elderly people at home, then the emissions should be considered so that it will be harmful. It should not be used in rooms that are used for sleeping or very small rooms.
- Portable heaters has three sub-categories namely radiant, convector and radiant convectors.
- Radiant heaters will be able to warm specific places in the indoor area and is generally used for warming up people and the objects that are placed in front of it. It comes in small sizes and low cost options are available as it requires no electrical connections. But it distributes heat unevenly and the warmth is felt only when the person is directly in front of it.
- Convector or convection heaters use the convection movement to warm the space. It has a gas burners and a fan that helps in distributing the heat evenly. It comes along with many features like timers. Low emission technology, remote controls and electronic thermostatic controls. It could be expensive than the radiant heaters and requires an electrical connection that will operate the fan.
- Radiant convertors provide heat to the area directly before the unit by using a fan that is driven by convection. Spot heating and space heating is possible but it still needs an electrical connection.
Flued heater will be able to warm the space and let out the combustion gases that were generated when the gas was burnt through a fixed flue pipe that goes through the wall or ceiling. Many options are available and it has an exhaust fan to force the air out. Flued heaters also has radiant heaters and power flued heaters that are driven by a power flue. If you want to know more then get in touch with us for further information about these gas heaters.