Physiotherapy has numerous benefits for people of all ages and walks of life. It is considered to be a transformative method which focuses on improving the physical movement of the body through exercises. Physiotherapists are playing an important role in the life of people as they promote holistic healing through exercises.Diagnosing, treating and suggesting preventive methods of injuries which can hamper our basic day to day activities are some of the major tasks of the physiotherapists. They provide a wide range of treatments which include joint mobilization, magnetic therapy, treatment for soft tissues, injury rehabilitation, exercise physiology etc to help you cure faster from your injury.
Physiotherapy Has Sub-Specialties Too, Which Can Be Advantages To Different People Facing Different Physical Problems.
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy: Also known as orthopedic physical therapy it focuses on working on the issues developed in the musculoskeletal area of ligaments, muscles, bones, tendons etc. This category includes the injuries or sprains caused by sporting activities. Many times, the musculoskeletal system of body doesn’t work at its best and it’s one of the results of many injuries. The treatment methods used to heal and correct such issues includes joint mobilization, endurance exercises, stretching exercises, muscle stimulation and lots more.
The benefits of such treatment result in:
- treating the damage of soft tissue
- improve the body movement
- issues related to skeletal alignment are diagnosed and treated
- Exercises to reduce pain
- Pediatric Physiotherapy: In some cases, it is the children who face various skeletal, neuromuscular and developmental problems. It is the job of the pediatric physiotherapists to deal with such growth-related issues in children. Detection of such problems earlier is the key for the transformation to take place sooner. Pediatric therapists help the children suffering from injuries and diseases like limb deficiencies, cerebral palsy, injury from sports, orthopedic disability and lots more by prescribing therapeutic exercises and treatments. Some of the benefits of such exercises results in:
- rehabilitation from injuries
- reducing pain
- strength and stamina are regained in the bones and muscles
- body movement and flexibility are enhanced
- Geriatric Physiotherapy: With increasing age many people develop problems which hamper their movements and flexibility.Such kind of physical therapy benefits people of older age who are victims of such problems. Older people develop problems like osteoporosis, arthritis, joint pains, balance disorder etc.
Treatments provided by geriatric therapists are beneficial in number of ways. Some of the benefits are outlined below:
- Improve the overall fitness of the person
- the physical limitations are diagnosed and treated properly
- the overall health is improved by various exercises
- regain body motion and balance
- Sports Physiotherapy:The role of the sports therapist is to assess the level of injury, provide necessary treatments, progressive rehabilitation services for quick recovery from the injury.Sportsperson are more prone to injuries when compared to normal people as they have to exert enormous amount of stress on their body to give the best output. Sports physiotherapist’s works closely in improving the overall fitness of the athletes and help them to heal quickly from their injuries. They also provide guidance to help prevent such injuries from taking place.
- Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy: Cardiopulmonary physiotherapy aims at helping and healing those people who are suffering from cardiovascular conditions such as ‘heart attacks’ and alsopulmonary conditions such as ‘pulmonary fibrosis’ and ‘chronic pulmonary obstructive diseases. In order to treat such conditions, the following treatment methods are used:
- breathing habits are improved
- prescribe breathing exercise
- pulmonary rehabilitation
- positioning exercises are taught to reduce shortness of breath
Besides these are there physiotherapists for women’s health, vestibular rehabilitation, pain management, neurological conditions etc. Physiotherapy works on the science of body movement and helps you to overcome from injuries and pain. They also promote a healthy and fit lifestyle through right exercises.