Limestone is a very popular natural stone that has several applications. It can be used as a building material, tiles as well as pavers. It tends to contain several impurities like clay, iron oxide, organic remains, sand and is crystalline. This is one of the reasons why it is available in many different colours. It is popular all over Australia and even across Europe and Northern America.
Limestone is an ancient construction material, in fact, some of the oldest structures in the world were made from limestone. It is a proven building material that is useful for both contemporary and classic landscape designs. This makes limestone the ideal choice when it comes to beautification, building contemporary patios and terraces. This article goes on to describe the unique properties of limestone and why it is ideal for home renovations. It is a must-read for those searching for tile importers in Melbourne.
Unique Properties of Limestone
Homeowners renovate for many different reasons like to either modernize the house, give it a unique touch, or for some other special purpose. Here are some of the properties of limestone:
- They have a softer colour variation, less veining and chalky feel thus giving it an edge over other natural stone like travertine.
- It is a sedimentary stone that is primarily composed of calcite.
- Limestone is highly durable, and does not stain and is ideal for installation in places that are used extensively, like a driveway.
- It is ideal for the surface around the pools.
- It is found in many different colours since it is composed of many different elements.
- It has high porosity and an imperfect texture which ensures a robust and natural look.
- It is highly durable & sturdy and provides your home with a more original touch.
Benefits of Using Limestone
There are many benefits of using limestone for home renovations since it has very useful properties. Many popular buildings around the world have been built using limestone like pyramids, houses, etc. Some of the popular buildings around the world include the Great Sphinx, The Lincoln Memorial, The Parthenon, The Empire State Building, United States Holocaust Memorial, Kingston, The Pentagon.
Some of the benefits of using it are listed here:
- The fact that it is available in many different colours works to the advantage of the consumers making it ideal for the purpose of balancing colour schemes in your home.
- They are ideal for renovating a living room and kitchen; especially for bright and vibrant colour schemes.
- It adds a more original touch to your home with a neutral and simple design.
- The fact that it is highly durable and sturdy makes it ideal for outdoor use as a patio.
- Limestone never goes out of trend, it has been used since ancient times and is still used extensively all over the world.
- It is very strong making it ideal for landscaping, pool areas, walkways, patio, stones, architectural structures.
- This one of the best methods of increasing your curb appeal.
- It is sustainable and renewable works to your advantage as well.
- It is extremely versatile due to various colour options, many different shapes and the fact that it can be shaped into either blocks or bricks.
- When it comes to keeping your home cool there is no better option than limestone. Limestone has several unique properties that make it ideal for this purpose.
- Limestone is one of the most cost-effective natural stones which is also beautiful and ideal when your budget is tight.
- It is ideal for the surrounding area of a pool as well as external seating tables. The fact that it is easy to maintain hygiene makes it ideal for benchtops.
- Since it is termite free and highly durable, it is also ideal for any feature walls. It is useful for the purpose of providing shelter from the wind to both plants and the occupants of the house.