There is a lot we have to thank our ancestors for. Discovery of fire, metal, and medicines, writing journals about the best survival tactics in the wild, braving the harsh weather conditions and geographical challenges to explore new land masses – they did all this and more without the help of advanced technology and internet!
The human race has by nature always been wanderers, explorers. We are at heart restless to explore as many places as we can, experience all that is possible for us and which we can tolerate, discover the magic and potential various things hold for us. It is no wonder that many people have a strong passion to travel, even when they are very old or have limited time and money! For example, a student who has just completed college may want to leave behind all the worries of college by travelling, but may not have a big bank balance to go on an extravagant tour. Do you know what she or he would do? Find all the places to visit in Delhi in one day, or any nearby city that has vibrant diversity, and make the most of just that one day!
So is a one-day travel in a city like Delhi all that cracked up as it is claimed to be! It surely is, for the following reasons:
- Science had proven that people who travel frequently are much happier than people who remain in one place all their lives. Even those who are reluctant to leave their place of birth enjoy travelling to various parts of the same city! People in search for peace, for example, can spend some reflective moments in Lal Mandir, Old Delhi, and feel rejuvenated after the few quiet moments.
- Travelling is an excellent way to learn new things and improve one’s mind. For example, if you’re interested in learning more about India’s history, then take a tour to the famous gates in Delhi – Lahori Gate, Ajmeri Gate, Delhi Gate, India Gate, or even to the Red Fort!
- Taking a break from time to time is highly recommended, especially in this age when stress is the most common emotion experience by people all over the world. When one travels putting aside commitments and worries for a brief period, stress takes a backseat, and peace and thrill lead the way! An excellent way to kill time without taxing your brain would be by exploring the eventful marketplaces in Delhi, such as the biggest spice market of Asia – Khari Baoli.
- Travelling enriches a person’s life in ways that just money cannot. It is true that one must earn money to be able to live, but money should not be used to just buy materialistic things. Once you have the basic things in place, start putting aside a little money each month to plan a nice, long vacation to an exciting place! Travelling has so much more to offer than expensive clothes, phones, and jewellery!
- Building bonds and relationships with new people when you travel is surely exciting. You get to know people who have different perspectives, can do things differently, who can be friends to you for the rest of your lives! So, go, meet new people, and make your social circle a happening one!
Travel opens your eyes to things you may never had even heard about. It makes you wiser and makes you appreciate both big things and small. Even, in a Delhi local tour,there may be so many interesting shopping joints to buy from that you may’ve never known about! All it takes is a little bit of wanderlust and some of your savings!