Wedding is that day when you want everything to be perfect. Not only does one look fabulous and perfect, but everything around them looks the same too. The reason is simple, it is an event that will be attended by multiple people, all relatives and friends, and will remain buried deep within your memories for a very long time. It is only natural that you may want this event to look absolutely perfect, and everything from the start of the event to be perfect too.
Wedding cakes are one of the most important things about the weddings, and many guests look forward to it. As we all know, the thing that the guests care about almost equally as the bride and the groom, or less, or perhaps even more than them, is always the food. Wedding cake consists a major part of their view about food of the wedding, and thus to satisfy them, not only should the wedding cake look good, but should taste good too. And oh, of course, it should be present as well. Here are a few ideas about how to decide on which wedding cake to buy and when to get your cake delivery.
- The time you have before the wedding is the first thing you need to keep in mind. Cakes cannot be made the same day, and neither can they be ordered the night before. The delivery of cake may take time, and therefore you need to keep track of the time you have before the wedding.
- Order the cake well in time. Custom cakes often take more time than the usual cakes, because the bakers have to bake something they have never baked before, and if it is a wedding cake, many bakers may have to retry baking a couple of times.
- The number of guests is what helps in deciding the details of the cake. The weight, the size, and everything else about the cake, should be the number of guests present in the wedding. Therefore it is only natural that you should consider the number of guests before ordering the cake. After all, the cake is for the guests, right? And also, you need to take care of other details of the cake, like eggs and rum.
- Some vegetarians in the wedding may not like the cake if it contains egg, and many people may not like the presence of rum or other alcohol in the cakes. All these factors need to be kept in mind as well. Sugar content of the cake should also be managed so that the cake does not affect the older people in the negative way.
- The budget of the wedding is very important. You know you cannot exceed the budget, because it is obvious that you have put almost all of your money into the wedding. Therefore, the cost of the cake should be in accordance to the budget of your wedding. If the budget is not too high, then you know that you have to cut down on some places, and the birthday cake may be one of them. The cost of gifts for anniversary, if you have planned those too, is another thing that you may cut down on. So you need to verify the prices of the cakes beforehand, and do go and look around at different bakers for the price they offer their services for.
- The cake is generally the place where you can save a lot of money if you can get the right baker. Of course, you can even bake the entire cake yourself, but you can do that only if you have time from other preparations and also if you have the skill required to do it. Sometimes the cost of making the cake yourself could even exceed the cost of buying it from a baker.
- By location, we don’t only mean the place where the cake will be located during the wedding, but also means where the wedding will be held. The baker should know about the exact location where the wedding will be held to choose the ingredients for the cake himself.
- Like if the wedding is to take place on a beach, he may change a couple of icing material that may become hazardous in the heat. Therefore, inform your baker about the exact location of where the wedding will be held so that he can prepare in advance.