It would not be wrong to say that a router is an oxygen mask of internet. Without the presence of this, you cannot access internet in far corners of your house or office. Not only this but also a router plays a very important role in the configuration of Netgear new extender setup.
but you have to access your Netgear router for doing all these things. What? Don’t know how to do so?
Ok, then need not to worry and have a look at the valuable points given below.
- Make sure that your router is properly connected to the internet
Once you have connected your computer to the router, use settings of your computer to determine the address of your main router. This step will allow you to access the router’s settings directly. If your internet connection isn’t working properly, consider calling our technicians at toll-free number 1-888-674-6890.
Follow the instructions highlighted below to ensure that there is a reliable connection between your router and internet:
- Click on start button and then hit the Windows logo that is situated in the bottom-left corner of the home screen (desktop). Here, you have to make sure that your devices (router, computer, etc.) aren’t overheated.
- Now, look at the bottom-left side of the start window, there is an option named settings. We need you to click on that option.
- Click on the given option to proceed further. Be sure that your computer isn’t overloaded with browsing history and malware like cache and cookies.
- Look at the bottom of the page; you can see the icon view your network properties. Hit it.
- Next, note down the number that is next to the gateway heading. This would suppose to be the default address of your device which will allow you to access the settings of your Netgear router.
Do not ignore the steps shared by us because these are not only used to access the internet but also lets you access mywifiextnet local web address to change the settings of your extender to match with that of your router.
- Access the router’s settings on Windows and Mac
Hope you haven’t disconnected your computer to the router. Don’t tell us! You did that?
Oops. You have to connect them both once again.
Next, access the settings of your router by going through the instructions below:
- Turn on a Windows PC or Mac.
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Enter the default IP address of your router into field of the address bar.
- You will prompt to enter the login details. If you change the login credentials without any supervision of expert technicians, you have no option left than to restart/ reboot your system.
Be sure to make the setting changes in accordance with that of extender via mywifiext local web address.
- Review your router settings
Enter the administration page of router and view its settings. Here, you have to change the existing SSID and password to something more secure and strong. The SSID can easily be visible in front of those devices that are active. To keep your devices and network secure, you have to set a password (unique) that would be impossible for others to detect.
Consider changing your network name or SSID too. The network name is supposed to be about 8 characters and password should be about 16 characters.
Note: Do not change make any changes to the router before the process of configuration.
Once done with the entire process, you can now use it in configuring your Netgear range extender
- Once you setup Netgear WiFi extender, disconnect your router from the computer and connect it to the extender.
- Plug them both into an undamaged wall socket.
- Access mywifiext.net smart wizard through an internet browser.
- Customize the settings of your extender as per your convenience.
That’s how you can configure your range extender. After that, review the router’s settings if they are compatible with that of the extender.
However, keep in mind that your extender must set up properly before going through the aforementioned tips. If you don’t know anything about how to setup a Netgear WiFi extender, get in touch with our tech executives and take instant help from them.