Multi touch technology has spread leaps and bounds over the last few years. So much so that it has found place almost everywhere from our small mobile devices to computers and coffee tables we use at home/office, to walls used for surveys, advertisements, games, presentations etc. What multi touch tables and multi touch walls have made possible is to finally allow computers (or tables and screens embedded with computer innards) to communicate with humans in the way we know best – with hands, fingers and gestures.
Also what multi touch computing has been able to change is the way we have interacted with computers and computing devices in the past – with help of input devices like the mouse and keyboard. Multi touch has completely eliminated the need for a mouse or keyboard, which has been replaced with real time touch on the screen, which itself has become the input device.
What has become more fascinating about the technology is that it has made its way into coffee tables that we use at home. Initiated first by Microsoft in its Surface, and then later the second version of the Microsoft Surface, the concept has now been taken up by many manufacturers and DIY-ers around the world, who are creating their own amazing versions of multi touch tables, which are integrated with computing ability and respond to multi finger touch.
Multi touch walls or multi touch wall mounted screens are another extension and application of multi touch technology, which can be used for a larger areas and audiences. Thus, multi touch screens are best suited for boardrooms, exhibitions, big departmental stores and for advertisement purposes.Having known a gist about multi touch technology and its adaptation in tables and walls, it becomes imperative to know the uses of multi touch table and walls.
Uses of multi touch tables
As informed, multi touch table are tables integrated with a computer inside and have a display as tabletop. The users can therefore use the table as a computer for all their computing needs.
- Multi touch table can be used for browsing the internet, checking and sending emails or to updating a status on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.
- Because such table features a multi touch interface two or more people can also interact with it simultaneously.
- In an office environment a multi touch table can be a good platform for conducting meetings and presentation, which all sitting around the table can see and interact with.
Uses of multi touch wall
Multi touch walls or multi touch screen are wall mounted displays which almost all of us may have seen and used in departmental stores or exhibitions.
- Being multi touch, the multi touch wall mounted screens allow multi users to interact with them at the same time.
- Ultra-large multi touch wall can be customized to the requirement of the user, which may vary from making up a grocery list, and locating items in the departmental store to conducting presentations in a boardroom.
The multi touch wall screens are accurate feature smooth touch, which makes them an interactive solution for carrying out presentation and broadcast.