A picture is usually said to be as good as a thousand words. This statement is absolutely true. Pictures are mostly more explanatory than text. Images, charts, infographics, and all other visual content forms can help to improve SEO ranks in terms of SEO. If you go through successful websites that currently have high SEO ranks, they all have visual content on their websites. You have to optimize your images and videos. For example, if you upload a product-related video to your website, one of the keywords used in the title should be used.
1- The use of original and unedited images is important
The use of images does not mean that images should be randomly selected and used. Obviously, this is not the right approach. First of all, you need to make sure that only original well-clicked images are used. The use of stock pictures can lead to quality problems. Apart from that, many of these images have problems with copyright and can not be reused.
• The best way to use images is to click on them. This would not only save you from problems with copyright but also help you publish the best clicks. Original images are higher in terms of SEO ranks, so editing should be avoided. In addition, websites with edited images find it difficult to be highly ranked.
• Some brands edit their images mainly to pay attention to customers. This is by no means a good move. Pictures are edited to create an improved impact on the product. For instance, consider that you have uploaded a picture after editing and the brightness has been enhanced. For a smart viewer, it would be easy to identify that the image has been edited. This would obviously have a negative impact in the mind of the user. He would develop the impression that the brand is not dependable. Thus, to win the trust of the customer, always upload original images. Use always a professional image editor or cropper to avoid bad effects.
2- Key focus on image quality
Optimizing images is good, but the quality factor is crucial. A blurred image cannot be expected to acquire a good SEO rank. Hence, proper attention has to be given to the image quality. Make sure that the pixels are high quality and the image is not splitting.
• The quality of the image highlights how professional and experienced a company is. Reputed brands want their customers to view the best product pictures. If you have clear pictures uploaded, customers would be encouraged to view them and this would increase the chance of getting sales. When it comes to getting online conversions, a lot depends on how well the product images have been clicked.
3- Choose the correct image format
This is an important factor and, unfortunately, when uploading images, most people ignore it. What does an uploaded image plan to aim for? This is one of the most important questions which you need to think about when you are uploading one.
• The JPEG format is the best option if you plan to portray illustrations through the uploaded image.
• If you want the user to focus on the background more, the PNG format would work well for you.
• For animated images, GIF is the most recommended format. Choosing the correct image format helps users when they are searching for visual content.