In spite of its sturdy appearance, storage like drums are not made to be leak or spill free. When these are placed in storage or transit, a secondary containment must be used to address immediately any spills that might occur.
Spill containment pallet bunding is commonly used for secondary containment purposes. The drum is placed on the top of the pallet allowing any spill to automatically go into the sump portion rather than to scatter immediately on the floor.
The sump potion collects any spilled liquids and its gate will allow it to pass through but stay contained to prevent runoff. The gate can be also removed and cleaned. In addition, this spill pallet has its own drain plug which allows the sump to be easily emptied. It has also its own ramp for you to easily remove the container with the use of hand trucks or carts.
This is made from high density polyethylene and is corrosion-resistant and can support enough the weight of the container. As it must be kept outdoors, the material is also designed as weather-resistant. This will help you comply the containment regulation while you carefully store steel and poly drums. Rest assured that this bunding can completely capture leaks, drips, spills while keeping your floor dry.
The spill pallet portable bunding in Adelaide consists of the following feature:
– 2,722kg. UDL capacity that is strong enough to support four fully loaded steel or poly drums
– Moulded-in sump catches leaks, drips and spills to help you comply with regulations and keep your storage areas clean and safe
– Low 254mm height means loading and unloading require less effort and drum tops are within easier reach
– Compact footprint reduces floor area needed for drum storage
– Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) construction resists UV rays, rust, corrosion and most chemicals for long, trouble-free life
– Removable textured grating enhances traction to minimise costly slips and to help prevent drums from sliding; lifts out to provide unrestricted sump access for hassle free cleaning
– Optional drain plug allows you to conveniently empty sump without removing drums or grating
– 2-way forklift entry allows easy movement from either direction
– Nestable design permits stacking when not in use to save space; lowers cost of bulk shipping
To purchase one, feel free to call Prenco Environmental at (08) 8294 7711 or log on to http://www.prenco.com.au/catalog_pages/Bunding for more information