Sophistication in technology has led to the creation of so many beneficial tools, that a call that used to cost huge amounts barely costsa couple of cents these days. Rapid advancements have enabled the existence of internet based phone systems that transmit data over the internet in the form of packets, rather than via a phone line as in a traditional phone system. These phone systems are phone as VoIP phones, i.e. Voice over Internet Protocol. As mentioned in the name, it works on an internet protocol generally belonging to the company’s private servers. Due to the immense cost and functional related benefits, a VoIP phone system is becoming the choice of every small business firm.
So what’s the need of installing a small office telephone system that works on VoIP? Well, this is because two ways contact is vital. There needs to be a method of communication between the company and its customers so as to ensure the latter that there’s someone to reach out to in case there’s any doubt, suggestion or complaint regarding the company’s products/services. Companies that have a contact number for tending to queries generally work better than companies that just have a feedback form inside the product packet or on their website. This happens because people usually prefer talking to a company that has a human representative behind it, rather than a computer generated feedback form!
IP telephony offers the following benefits to small business firms:
- Cheaper costs: Initial setup, monthly rental, maintenance cost etc. are all really reasonable with a VoIP based phone. Managing a VoIP phone system is really easy, and this factor can contribute to savings in other aspects also, such as reduced cost of personnel tending to phone, huge setup which is not really required etc.
- Greater productivity:There are certain features that are exclusive to IP telephony. They are ‘find me-follow me’, voicemail to email, email integration etc. Messages that are received in voicemails in case there’s no one who’s able to pick the call are straight away delivered to the email ID. Such features allow better modes of contact with a customer.
- Easy to manage: VoIP based phones come with a friendly user interface. Calls can be effectively monitored using the interface. You can manage calls quite efficiently, giving your small business firm a big business like touch. You can screen calls even before picking to see whether it’s to be re-routed or rejected.
- Opportunity to grow:VoIP plans are generally purchased on a yearly basis on an unlimited package. Adding more number isn’t a problem and can be done by simply adding an extra phone line. There’s a limit till which you can add phones, but if you install some more services, you can add many more connections.
- Mobility:VoIP based phones work on IP system, and are not dependent on a fixed landline as with traditional home phone connections. You can receive and make calls from anywhere using your mobile phone even if you have just an internet connection.