The term native app is an optimized software program that is developed for the use on a particular device or platform. The main feature of the native apps is its ability to use device-specific hardware and software. There are so many platforms present in the market, so making native apps for each platform is a time-consuming and pricey process.
When we consider interactive and complex UI, React.js (developed by Facebook) is preferred the most. It is a successful framework allowed developers to create effective cross-platform apps quickly and easily. In this way, the success of React Native has motivated many developers to create their own tools for cross-platform app development.
Getting inspired by React.js, Vue.js came into existence which is object-oriented, front-end user interfaces for web and hybrid mobile apps. It is developed by taking the best feature of Angular and React. Vue.js is now become very popular and contains around 30% of users use it which is second place after React.
Reason to use Vue.js
- · It’s easy to learn.
- · Vue.js is small in size.
- · Vue.js is a view-oriented product.
What is Vue Native?
As vue.js is a view-oriented product then it must be organized and easy to learn. So, to bring all the benefits of Vue.js to mobile app development, a web developer team named GeekAnts decided to create a framework ‘Vue Native’.
Key Features of Vue Native
Vue Native contains a new set of features of Vue.js that facilitates users more organized front end development. Features are as follows:
- Declarative rendering: Basically declarative rendering is the process of writing a code that focuses on the outcome and hides all the implementation details. Also, in declarative programming information will change only if we will enter the inputs. Otherwise, declarative programming keeps data consistent.
- Two-way binding: Two-way binding speed-ups your development process. It reduces the complexity by facilitating developers to make changes in models and views only in one step.
- Connection of Vue ecosystem & React Native ecosystem: In Vue ecosystem, Vue Native connects “React Native” and “Vue.js” and creates an organized mobile user interface. That means it fully depends on “React Native”. So, this association between the technologies helps the beginner developer and new developers to know about the React Native and to create mobile apps using the simple Vue system.
- Uses basic components: Vue Native offers a set of basic components so that when developers start a new development process they can easily use basic structures that speeding up the development process.
- Vue Native Router and its Libraries: Vue Native uses the vue-native-router library. It contains two types of router component-based routing and page-based routing. In a mobile app, page-based routing is implemented the most.
As a developer, we all need is the simplicity of writing HTML code and styling it with CSS. Vue provides us that experience with .vue files. Vue Native joins both the “React Native” and “Vue.js” ecosystems so it helps developers to use all the advantages of these two frameworks.
Instead of this, Vue.js has a reactive system that automatically reflects the updated changes occur in variables into the view model. So, for small changes, the developer doesn’t need to update the whole view. This will saves developers time and effort.
Also, Vue Native delivers an intermediate standard for fundamental user interface building layers, blocks and has a layout engine which gives a significant performance boost. Also, Vue.js clearly explains the functionalities and provides proper documentation. So, a beginner can also learn the Vue.js framework fast and start developing native mobile apps.
Advantages of Using Vue Native Development
- · Simple and Easy to Understand
- · Lightweight in size
- · Scalable
- · High Flexibility
- · Improve faster
- · Simple Integration
- · Better Performance
- · Two-way communication
Development with Vue Native
Vue Native is an open-source framework. To use it, every mobile app developer first needs to install React Native. After that, the developer needs to install the Vue Native CLI. Next, if you need a better handle on the state outside of Vue components, opt for Vuex as the next step. The central store consists all of an application’s components.
Now, Vue carefully handles data binding, make developers free from the management of the DOM.
From the Author’s View
Vue Native is ideal for developers who are a beginner and wanted to develop a Native app. The main thing that makes it unique from the different framework is- it is easy to learn, easy to use, and fastest of all other frameworks. It is an effective tool for developers who prefer working with HTML, CSS, and jQuery and wants to build Vue.js mobile apps.
All the framework has its own pros and cons so Vue Native also requires frequent optimization. But, to develop a cost-efficient Native app, Vue.js is the way to go, which is a modern fusion of JS frameworks and speeding up the development process as per requirement.