It does not matter if your primary objective is to sell a particular product or increase overall brand awareness, designing a website effectively can help with both. Amalgamating functionality and allure in a seamless manner would most surely allow your organisation to drive traffic beyond geographical boundaries, enhance rates of conversion, escalate profit levels, and contribute to its prosperity. Now while seeking professional assistance might seem viable, if you wish to take things into your own hand, please keep the tips mentioned below in mind.
- Simplicity is Better- Incorporating plenty of options on the website can unnecessarily overwhelm visitors and make it difficult for them to arrive at a definite buying decision. Fancy graphics often act as a distraction so invest in sleek, simple layout, which is easily navigable and can survive the test of time.
- Pictures over Words- Pictures are capable of conveying a lot more information and that too in absolutely no time. While you must not get rid of texts completely, images, when strategically placed, can guide a user to go wherever he or she wants to. For instance, arrows highlighting important buttons of ‘Contact Us’ and ‘Shop Now’.
- Consistency is Necessary- One of the best ways through which you can gain trust of visitors is by providing them with consistency in terms of colour, font, white space, call-to-action, content, and a series of other elements.
- Slow Load Time is a Downer- Reputed experts have carried out extensive research and said that a user is most likely to abandon a site and never come back again if its pages take more than eight seconds to load. If you do not wish to lose valuable customers and hamper your reputation, make sure to improve speed by limiting HTTPS requests, combining large files, using asynchronous loading, selecting right hosting, and many more.
- Conventions are Fine- According to top-notch providers offering quality services of website design in Melbourne for an affordable price, consumers are generally habituated in seeing generic structures. While opting for uniqueness is a good idea, taking advantage of something your targeted audience is already comfortable with can pave way for sales.
- Letting it Flow-The data uploaded on your site must not only be relevant but also flow in a smooth yet logical pattern. Remember the format that people follow when scanning web pages. They start from top left corner, move to the right, then down to left, and back again for a few more times.
- Accessibility for Everyone- A website can only be accessed by everyone if you practise the responsive approach. In other words, you should design and develop your site so that it can adapt to any screen and can be operated from all devices such as desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Search Engine Optimisation- Finally, yet importantly, we cannot deny the incredible significance of SEO. A site could only acquire top ranks on the search engine result pages (SERPs) if you publish engaging write-ups, gather links from authentic sources, and pay close attention to architecture.
Considering the tips specified above and implementing them with maximum caution would most surely let you construct an amazing website for your business.