The necessity of Antenna Repair:
The function of the antenna is to receive transmitted electromagnetic signals over the air. These electromagnetic signals are transmitted with different frequencies. The antenna induces electrical currents. There are different kinds of antennas used for TV (analog, digital) and FM. Sometimes the signal lost from aerials. That results in an inferior quality of sound and picture. It may happen due to bad weather, improper installation of the antenna. This aerial problem creates a signal issue. Sometimes when you turn into TV channels, you get a message of “searching.” At that time, you need antenna repairs. Before going ahead, first, check your TV cable wire.
These are the following tips that should follow to repair the antenna:
- Proper Inspection of Antenna Cable: One of the first things that you need to have a look at is to check the wire connections. There can be different reasons for this like a crack in the casing of wire. Over some time, cable wires may lose from the socket of the antenna. RF cable may be worn out due to rainwater, open contact with the moisture for a long duration. If RF cable worn out, replace it with the new one. Because this defective cable can disrupt the smooth transmission of signals.If you find any loose wire or some issue with the connection, you can repair it, if the problem persists, you need to connect with a professional antenna repair service provider.
- Check the Antenna: When you find the signals to be weak, check the position of antenna suitably. The position may be changed by heavy wind flow, the loose connection from the knot. Most of the antenna repair includes the positing of the antenna in the right direction to get strong signals; the antenna should place much higher where there should no obstacle face in front of the antenna. They might also suggest the installation of a signal booster to increase the quality of signals.
- Place the Antenna: Always keep in mind that the antenna must be placed in an open place. So, there is no interruption in the signal flow. Some animals like monkeys, birds can cause damage to your antenna. The rods of the antenna may be broken up. Place your antenna in such a place where you can look at it carefully. In digital cable connection, with the help of a converter box and polarization meter, one can adjust the antenna in the required place properly.
- Check the Connector: The input connector of the TV gives free broadcast signals. If it is broken, repair it as soon as possible. Each input point should adequately connect. First, try to check the plug point of each input before the climb on your roof. Ensure each input sockets are correctly connected to the TV and set up the box.
- Upgrade the Antenna: In the older model of television sets (B&W Televisions), loop antenna was commonly seen. These need manual installation to place its proper place, and direction. For getting a better experience in reliable connection, upgrade to the digital antenna (Set up box). For this, you would need the assistance of a professional antenna repair service provider.
- During antenna repairs, the TV should plug out from the wall socket.
- Your hands should be covered with insulated gloves.
- Cut the wire with wire pliers and dispose of it in a safe place.
- After unscrewing, reattach the screw and cables properly.
- The adults must supervise antenna repair.
- During repair, the antenna, unplug the TV and disconnect all the peripherals attached with it.
- Wind the cable wire with soldering rather than manually twist.
- TV outlets should be secured.
- Don’t follow any DIY method. It can damage your TV set.
Of the above-mentioned ways of antenna repairs methods, there is certain work that you can do it yourself, but when it comes to fixing the wiring and connections, its always good to consult professionals to antenna repairs.