First, of all lets elaborate what CCTV stands for? so it stands for “closed-circuit television” the word itself is explaining about it but let me magnify it for the readers so that everyone can get the complete knowledge of it by just reading this article, CCTV is also known as video surveillance because it is the use of video cameras so that it transmits a signal to a specific place because it is different than broadcast television
USES OF CCTV
Cctv is being used in throughout the world there are about 350 million surveillance cameras as of 2016. About more than 65% are installed in Asia only. These cameras are used for crime prevention, crime solving, body-worn, traffic monitoring and in public transport for the security purpose of the people. If we sum up the purpose of cctv, then we can say that it is used in every single place where one wants to capture and save the video for security purposes.
BENEFITS OF CCTV
Top of the list benefit of CCTV is that it helps in detection and reduction of crime that’s why where the CCTV cameras installation makes the crime rate automatically low. CCTVs help in collection of evidence if some wrong happened in the radius of CCTV. Also it helps in recovering at night just because of having night vision in it.
HOW CCTV ARE INSTALLED
CCTV INSTALLATION are just like any other appliances are installed, but as it is fit for security purpose so it is bit different in installation there are few steps which one needs to follow while CCTV INSTALLATION which are explained below
- Always choose a high and broad-angle for the installation of CCTV which is usually the corner of a room from where most of the room can be covered while locating the camera face downward
- Some cctv cameras come with sticky pads to adhere the camera with the wall, so for that, you need to drill in the wall to stick that pad on it.
- Mostly cameras come with power adaptor, plug the round end into the power input on the back of the camera and plug the other end into the outlet.
- After that attach the wired camera with the DVR
- If the cameras are wireless, then link them with your system these cameras come with a CD which you need to install in your system to see our feeds.
- In wired cameras, you need to connect your camera wire to the computer to see the output
- After installation for troubleshooting any connection issues check all the c9onnections of camera DVR and monitor that whether they are correctly fixed or not and make sure to plug the right cable into right port of the computer.
After the CCTV camera service, you can see the feeds on the computer whenever you want to and make sure to give proper electricity to the CCTV installed and the computer through which all the wires are connected and the computer on which you will see the display.