It is important to have solid structural integrity and the fundamental stability of your homes. If there will be any problem with the foundation then it can automatically result in a disaster. Sloping or uneven floors are hard to notice but they can lead to the breaking of walls which can become serious. Uneven floors or sloppy floors like problems occur when the foundation of your building has settled or unevenly sunk.
Causes Of Sloppy And Uneven Floor:
- The most natural cause for such floors is the soil and water level deep underground.
- Using a soil based on slope and uneven floors.
- Gently applying the soil on the center and going through all corners.
Weak Bearing Soil
This means that the soil which is used below the foundation beneath and around your home is not capable to bear the weight of the building structure.
Poorly Compacted Soil
If the soil-filled is not compacted when a building is built then it can automatically get compress due to a load of structure with time.
Change In Soil Moisture Level
If the moisture level of soil changes then the foundation is not able to get proper support. If moisture will be too much then it can put pressure on foundation walls and if the moisture will be less then it will lead to shrinkage of soil and decrease the foundation support.
If the soil beneath the foundation gets compressed with the weight of structure then it will automatically result in the downward movement of the building structure.
Indications For Damaged foundation And Uneven Floors:
Many signs indicate that the foundation has damaged or the floors are uneven like:
- If you see cracks in kitchen slabs then it is the sign that your foundation has been damaged and structure is moving downwards
- You can also encounter long and wide wall cracks.
- If your concrete slabs have failed then it is also an indication of uneven floors.
- After your foundation gets damaged then you can also experience damage and cracks on the tile floorings.
- You can also observe new gaps created in two adjacent walls.
How Can We Help You?
A sloppy and uneven floor is a serious concern that can disturb the structural integrity of the building causing serious accidents. House underpinning and foundation repair cannot be treated with DIY methods. Macro Underpinning Melbourne is experienced in house underpinning for many years with a team of qualified workers to serve you the best quality service in Melbourne.