There is a grave misconception about the procedure of liposuction amongst most people. Unlike what some think, this procedure is not the solution for weight loss. Liposuction as a treatment is used in reshaping the body parts that cannot be shaped any other way. Undergoing the treatment in a bid to lose weight can only end in disappointment.
In some cases, medical conditions compel patients to undergo the liposuction treatment, making it vital for survival. Visiting liposuction surgery Melbourne clinics and consulting surgeons can help you determine whether you should go ahead with the procedure. To help you understand better, here are some of the types of liposuction treatments available:
- Liposuction with Laser Assistance: In this method, the concentrated light of a laser beam is used to break down fatty tissues. This technique ensures less bruising, bleeding, and inflammation.
- Tumescent Liposuction: This process requires the surgeon to inject tumescent fluid into the patient’s fatty tissues while suctioning the fat out with the use of a cannula. This helps in reduction of blood loss due to the contraction of the blood vessels.
- Liposuction with Ultrasonic Assistance: Compared to all the other methods, ultrasonic assistance works by stimulating cells of the fatty tissues which in turn leads to their rupture and liquefaction. The areas that this treatment targets the best are sides, neck, back, and upper abdomen.
- Liposuction through Power Assistance: A relatively shorter surgical encounter, the fat from the body is extracted using a mechanical cannula through small incisions.
- Liposuction with Twin Cannulas: The use of twin cannulas in the process of liposuction reduces the work of a surgeon a great deal. This also ensures that there is less scarring and burning.
After the procedure, a compression wrap is placed around the area that was treated to reduce pain, swelling, and bruising. This wrap may have to be worn for a few weeks to fight off the side-effects of the procedure. While the recovery differs from case to case, it is best to consult your liposuction surgery Melbourne surgeon when you can return to your work or other activities after the procedure.