Deck is an integral part of your house. It has a major role to play in adding to the appeal of the house. Many people tend to avoid the outdoors area completely. It is very important to pay attention to the fact that it will have an impact on the value of the property.
So if you plan to sell it in the long run you need to pay attention to each and every aspect.
Now the major question that arises is what decking material should you select?
Well, you get to choose from innumerable options. You need to make up your mind. You need to consider your requirement and budget before taking the final call.
What’s the difference between Modwood and Merbau Decking?
Are you aware of the difference between a natural product and composite material, when you are talking about timber? Not many people actually know the difference. It is possible to make out the difference only on close inspection.
But other than the visual appearance, there are various noteworthy differences between timber composite decking materials.
Advantages of Merbau:
- It is made from a rainforest harvested natural, Indonesian timber and there can be nothing better than this for all those who are interested in natural timber deck.
- It will offer a warm feel to the deck. Such places are generally superb for relaxing.
- When you are opting for Merbau Decking there is no need to worry about seasonal shrink or expand. This timber material is least affected by such external factors in comparison to pine or spotted gum
- You can opt for gorgeous deep red colour. It looks inviting and will surely make heads turn. If you are interested in making a perfect impression on the guests, then there can be nothing better than this.
- It lasts a lifetime. If you opt for this, then there is no need to invest again for approx 50 years. It makes this decking material a cost effective alternative.
If you get bored of the look, then all that you need to do is sand back and re-oil to get a clean new look
- You need to be careful of the deep red colour as it will bleed.
- With the ongoing maintenance work, it will go grey.
- It is not from a renewable source
Advatages of Modwood:
- It is made from renewable and recycled composite materials.
- It is highly durable and has almost similar lifespan like natural timber
- There is no need to worry about shrinking and expansion.
- You will not need much maintenance.
- You can stay assured of one thing that the color will not bleed.
- You can opt for the stain to match your colour scheme.
- It is the best choice for all those who are environmentally conscious alternatives.
- It will not look completely natural and you can make out the difference on close visual inspection.
- It is turns out to be double the price of natural timber.