Nowadays, Traffic Control Melbourne has become a crucial aspect to organize an event, beginning construction at a sight, workplace area, and many other things. If you too are planning to involve in an activity that may require handling the traffic flow at your workplace area, hiring traffic control experts is a no brainer.
But before you do that, knowing everything about this field is a must.
So read further to know every ‘how’ & ‘why’ of Traffic Management!
What is the Motive of a TMP (Traffic Management Plan)?
TMP – Traffic Management Plan is a plan that allows you to strategize and execute how all the surrounding road users will be guided via a site, efficiently and safely.
How can Traffic Management be Important?
Of course, Safety!
The biggest reason for hiring traffic management professionals is to provide the utmost safety on the road near the entire connected road to your site. The professionals collect, process, and forward the imperative information about the certain traffic situation. Besides, it also helps to guide and manage the traffic flow on a different road so that chaotic situations can be avoided. The safety, as well as the smooth flow of traffic, is very important.
How Risks can be Handled through Traffic Management Plan?
- Study the site to figure out the areas where vehicles and pedestrians interact
- Ask the workers, drivers, and pedestrians about traffic management issues they generally face at your workplace.
- Review the injury and incident record including misses
A risk assessment will help in understanding what actions are required to be taken and how urgently. Most of the incidents happen because of the impact between pedestrians and vehicles reversing and loading or unloading. Those who work with or near the vehicles are at the highest risk. Furthermore, visitors and customers may also be at the same risk rate.
- Find something safer like forklift replacement with other load shifting tools such as pallet jacks or walker stacker
- Segregate the danger from other people. For example, create a specific delivery area that is far from other work activities or pedestrians.
- Make use of engineering controls such as presence sensing devices, speed limiters, etc.
- Interlock the main gates
- Utilize managerial controls like putting warning signs or delivery timings so that collisions can be avoided between the pedestrian and vehicle drivers.
- Place PPE (personal protective equipment) like high visibility clothing
Evaluation of Control Measures
By reviewing control measures regularly you can separate the changes that are to be made and the plans that are working well Also, evaluation of the existing traffic plans help you to make the strategies more effective and reliable.
A TMP may include the following details:
- The flow of pedestrians and vehicles
- The expectancy of the collision of vehicles and pedestrians
- Pictorial representation of barriers, signs, walkways, and common arrangements
A Traffic Management Plan can work perfectly when the experts are hired. Whenever you are about to hire the professions, making sure they are certified and licensed to manage the traffic and pedestrian flow is the smart move.
So hire one today!