A home can be very beautiful, stately, comfortable-looking or modern, and it is easy to focus on the good things about a property when looking at it for the first time. Noticing the curb-appeal, a huge yard and a neat kitchen often overshadows other things like a sloping bathroom floor, sewage stains on walls, broken tiles and musty or termite infested corners. A wonderful home may include cheap electrical fixtures that risk giving a short circuit and a repeatedly repaired, not replaced, plumbing that is in constant danger of leaking or bursting and having a paneling instead of sheet rock. Asking direct, specific questions is the only way to deal with these issues before purchasing a property.
Regardless of the relationship one has with the seller and the questions that one asks, it is essential that the home is thoroughly inspected by a professional, prior to signing a deal. Making this process a part of all the purchase offers and contracts is a very good move. Apart from this, talking to the owners in detail is also important. Their honesty and openness about any flaws that the house may have will reflect a lot about the overall maintenance of the house. Discovering the small details of the house through the eyes of the owners opens up an entirely different channel of perspective.
While visiting the house or talking to the sellers, it is easy to miss out on a few important questions. What kind of questions can one ask the current owners? It is quite easy to forget what was to be said, so it is a good idea to carry the questions pre-written somewhere.
Given below are some of the most basic questions that any buyer should ask the seller, when it comes to a property deal involving a house –
- Information about any structural damages, like peeling walls, loosened floor boards, cracks, the kind of basement the house has etc.
- In case there is a basement present, does it have any moisture or drought issues? How is it dealt with? What kinds of repairs have been done?
- How many times has the roof been fixed? Are there any broken tiles? Can any damages be repaired and managed with minimum inconvenience? Is it a very old roof or a relatively new one?
- What is the termite situation in the area? Are there any other insect-pest problems in the area? Which are the most commonly used pest control services?
- How is the general cleaning and maintenance of the house done? What kind of cleaning tools and services are used for the exteriors?
- How often does the paint need to be changed?
- What is the condition of the heating and air conditioning systems? How much do they cost and what is the average utility bill of these services? How regularly are the ducts cleaned?
It is necessary to be prepared for the property that is being purchased and this can be done with the help of a willing seller. Harji Realtors is one of the leading real estate agents in the region of Chandigarh, Mohali and Kharar. For more information on great deals in flats in Mohali and the best 2 BHK Flat in Mohali check out our website