Using a recruitment agency for your staffing needs comes with a lot of benefits: a shorter hiring cycle, high quality hires, significant cost savings and generally increased efficiency and effectiveness of the hiring process. While it is true that all recruitment agencies perform the same basic function (sourcing talent for you), it does not mean that they’re all equally good at it.
To ensure that outsourcing recruitment is actually beneficial to your business, you need to ensure that you choose a recruitment agency that is best suited for your needs. But with so many options in Perth, how do you know whether you are partnering with the right agency? We have put together 5 tips to help you choose the best recruitment agency for your organisation.
- Industry specialisation. A general recruitment firm can be great if your business needs to hire employees for numerous different positions, but if you require specialised personnel for your operations, it’s crucial that you partner with a recruitment firm that has the expertise to recruit for your field. This will ensure that in addition to benefiting from the recruiters’ extensive knowledge in the hiring market, you also get access to qualified staffing professionals that are in a better position to understand your needs in terms of skills and experience. Specialised firms also tend to attract candidates that are more qualified as compared to general firms, enhancing your access to top talent.
- Recruitment and hiring strategies. It’s crucial that you ask a recruitment firm about the recruitment strategies they have in place before you make a decision. A lot of agencies use candidate verification and pre-screening tests to make sure that candidates actually have the skills they claim to possess. Asking to review these strategies and steps will give you valuable insight into how well a recruitment agency will do their job. Look for alternatives if you feel the strategies presented by an agency don’t meet your expectations.
- The agency’s reputation. Similar to other businesses, the reputation of a recruitment agency is very important. It’s very easy for an agency to make all sorts of claims about their hiring expertise, but to truly know the capabilities of a hiring firm, you need to find out how satisfied their previous clients were with their services.
To find out the sentiments of previous clients, you need to examine the agency’s client base. An agency that has several long-standing clients has a bigger likelihood of being successful than one that does not have return clients.
- Customer service. The quality of customer service provided by a recruitment agency is something you need to consider when looking for an agency. As a client, you should not feel confused or abandoned at any point during the hiring process meaning that the communication stream needs to be open at all times. If you encounter difficulties when trying to reach someone at the agency – especially during the initial consultation stages – it’s a clear sign that you should look elsewhere for your staffing needs.
- The candidate pool. Above everything else, a recruitment agency’s candidate pool is its most important aspect. The primary objective of a hiring firm is to match you with suitable candidates, and how effectively they can do this highly depends on the size and quality of their network. You can get information about this by asking the agency to tell you where their recruiters source their talent, how they screen candidates, and their success rate for making long-term placements.
If the answers to all these queries are satisfactory to you, then you can be pretty confident that the recruitment agency you select will satisfy your needs.