A firm or a business person that executes expert construction work that deals with installation, designing and maintenance of electrical systems are called electrical contractors. Electrical contractor and an electrician are different. Electrician is an individual businessman whereas a contractor is a tradesman or a company that provides employment to the electricians. Electricians may work under a contractor or they work as in depended professional. But for your large electrical projects such as installation of electrical writings, sketch the layout of electrical planning for new buildings and maintenance of the electrical wiring and other components of commercial and industrial places, you need to hire an electrical contractor only. They have an efficient team with electrical engineers, technicians and labors, and they can easily complete your large projects within a short timeframe.
How to become an electrical contractor?
The work of an electrical contractor is to repair and install electrical components and wires. They acquire knowledge and from a trade school. Aspirant electrical contractors are trained through a special apprenticeship course in electrical work. The common subjects for the electricians include electrical theory, national electrical code, blueprints, work safety and math. Every state have licensing requirement for electricians which may vary from one state to the other. The state licensure process includes the knowledge of codes demonstration and regulations and passing the examination. Apart from the license, the contractors need to collect some permits and trade license from the authority to start their own business. In order to become a master electrician, they must accomplish the required experience that is established by the state and have to pass the exam.
Roles and responsibilities of the electrical contractors:
- They are in charge for the maintenance and installation of the electrical system, as well as breaker boxes, wiring, switches and other machineries in a different range of settings.
- They may work in a commercial, residential or industrial setting and they can provide instant services for any emergency issue. Apart from that, they can also have some electrical engineers in their team and they can sketch the layout or electrical planning for your new building.
- These contractors have to work in different areas such as administrative work and customer service, installation, maintenance etc.
- Administrative work and customer service frequently includes setting up appointments, contacting customers and completing authoritarian requirements like permit application and tax.
- Their duties also include replacement of worn parts, inspection of electrical equipment, repairing intricate electrical devices.
Four important qualities that the best electrical contractor must have
When you are searching for an expert electrical contractor there are certain important things that you should consider. There are five qualities that a skilled contractor must have such as:
- Fully certified or licensed – It is very necessary to choose certified and licensed electricians for any type of work. All electrical contractors are licensed and certified by the government and you can easily hire them for your electrical works.
- Good reputation in the market – The best electrical contractors must have good reputation in the market and you can check their customer reviews to know about their previous works.
- Enough experience – When someone is working on your office or home you must make sure about their experience so that your work is done efficiently, correctly and safely.
- Sincere and honest – A good and efficient electrician will always explain you about the problem and electrical contractors must have 24/7 emergency services for their customers.
To conclude it can be said that electrical service providers or contractors play a very important role in our daily life but while choosing a contractor, people should be extremely cautious, and they must check the license, insurance papers, and experience and customer reviews of the electrical contractor before hiring.