You are a manufacturer and you produced a great product. However, the story does not end here. Once your goods are ready and you want to send them to the distribution outlets, suppliers, customers, and this is where the packing box comes to of use. Nowadays, there are strict rules and guidelines about packaging along with high demands and expectation of the customers which the manufacturer adheres to. Especially if you are offering food products then you must contemplate upon the health and safety aspects of your packaging as well.
The most common types of crates used by manufacturers as standard materials are wooden, plastic and metal.
Today we will be discussing in detail about the wooden packing crates.
What is Wooden Packing Crates used for?
The main use of wooden packing crates is to take goods from one place to another in a safe manner. This material used to build crates to make them sturdy. These crates do not break or get damaged during the transportation phase. Plywood or lumbar are used commonly to create wooden packing crates.
Wooden packing crates are widely found all around the world. It is a dominant product in the crate manufacturing industry in the world. On average, the life of an average wooden packing crate or pallet lasts around eight uses before it needs to be repaired or is broken. The broken parts can again be used to build new crates. They can also be recycled to get biomass, garden mulch, or chipboards. This is the reason why The International Plant Protection Committee has established a phytosanitary standard for wooden packing crates, which is known as ISPM15. Wooden packing crates that meet this standard carry the ISPM15 stamp.
Characteristics of Wooden Packing Crates
Wood is the most common material that is used to make packing crates and they are usually built using lumber or plywood. Such wooden packing crates have the following characteristics:
- Sturdy: Wooden packing crates can bear the jerking caused when vehicles transport goods. They are resistant to such damage and are also free of corrosion.
- Stackable: Because wooden packing crates can be placed one on top of another, they can be shipped in smaller spaces and hence is cost effective.
- Customizable: It is possible to specify a particular size and design for wooden packing crates.
- Affordable: Because wood is easily obtained naturally, wooden packing crates are quite affordable as compared to other types of crates.
- Reusable: You can use wooden packing crates many times.
- Eco-friendly: Even after the wooden packing crates are discarded, there is no damage done to the earth’s environment and hence it can be said to be an eco-friendly option.
What to Look for in a Supplier of Wooden Packing Crates?
Look for the following factors when you are searching for a packaging supplier for your goods:
- The amounts of experience the supplier possess.
- Whether you will be getting personal and customized customer service.
- Does the supplier have a total packing solution for you?
- What kind of in-house packaging engineers does the supplier have?
Wooden crates are hence best used when you need to transport food, clothing, cosmetics, hardware or sensitive items like glasses, crockery’s and furniture or art products. If you are in need of stacking goods within a waterproof ambiance, then wood is once again the recommended material. Wooden packing crates can be a workable solution for all kinds of varied packaging requirements. The abundance of the material and its low cost appeals to many dealers and manufacturers of products. Once you have the right packaging partner, your products are ready to go places safely and securely!