Generally speaking, there are many different measures that impede the development of caries, but many such procedures have a small drawback. They require a man of great desire to protect his teeth and a fair amount of self-discipline. Also, regular visits of Barrie dentist are very effective.
A simple restriction of the sweet in the diet, which the children are usually told about, is extremely inadequate to ensure the healthy condition of the teeth.
However, knowing the factors that contribute to the development of pathology, preventive measures can be fully adapted to one’s lifestyle and effectively prevent the development of even the initial signs of caries.
In this article we will consider in detail how to protect the teeth from tooth decay. This article will be helpful even for those people who had this problem since childhood.
So, protection against caries includes procedures and measures of a different nature, but in general they can be divided into two types:
• strengthening of the teeth themselves (increasing their resistance to caries damage)
• elimination of the cariogenic situation in the oral cavity.
The first group includes the following actions:
1. Correction of the diet with an increase in the proportion of fluoride and calcium-containing products, which, with normal metabolism, can strengthen the enamel of the teeth.
2. Immediate treatment of teeth with fluoride and calcium preparations. Such preparations include toothpastes, gels, rinses.
3. The application of special sealants to the teeth, which prevent the accumulation of cariogenic substances in the fissure region (that is, the sealing of natural depressions on the surface of the teeth).
4. Taking of special drugs that help strengthen the enamel of the teeth (for example, fluoride-containing tablets). However, you should remember to take these drugs under the supervision of a doctor.
To normalize the situation in the oral cavity and eliminate the causes of caries development it is necessary:
1. To take care of the cleanliness of the mouth – brush your teeth or use a floss, rinse your mouth cavity after meals, use chewing gums correctly.
2. To keep on a correct diet and develop a culture of eating: to limit the amount of sweet and flour in the diet, avoid snacks.
3. Visit the dentist every 6 months for professional oral hygiene (to remove tartar and plaque).
These measures should be followed in a complex, and the fulfillment of the majority of these actions should be carried out regularly and under the patient’s own control.
But even before taking on the implementation of such prevention, you should visit Barrie dentists and consult about the complex of actions and how to prevent the development of caries in a particular individual case. Depending on the situation in the oral cavity and the susceptibility of teeth to caries, the complex of measures is adjusted and can be either very extensive or simple enough.
Many methods of reliable protection against caries are fully available for self-application at home.