Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) is a two-day course, which is exclusively designed for site supervisors. One of the advantages of undertaking this training scheme is that grants are provided to prospective employers.
What are the formal entry requirements for the Site Safety plus CSCS?
- Candidates should be able to read, write and familiar with the English language. For further clarifications on Site Safety plus CSCS, approach the concerned officials.
- Those intending to appear for a re-test should do the needful within ninety days from the date of registration.
- Students are required to attach a copy of passport/driving license along with valid ID during registration.
What are the advantages of undertaking the above-mentioned course?
- A major benefit of taking part in the SSSTS training is that candidates would get familiar with roles and responsibilities concerning health, welfare, safety, and environmental issues.
- Site Safety plus CSCS is a renewable certificate after five years.
- This course covers a wide range of topics such as Behavioral safety, supervision of occupational health, upcoming challenges in the construction industry.
- Lunch, refreshments, certification, publications, and registration are also included.
SSSTS course is an interactive course that comprises of solo/group presentations, classroom discussions, and case studies. Skill, experience, and knowledge of students are assessed through conducting a multiple-choice test.
Site Safety Plus training
Site Safety Plus training is best suited for aspirants who wish to pursue a career in civil engineering, building, and allied industries. It is also helpful for them to hone their innate abilities/skills. This type, of course, is designed for site supervisors, senior manager, and operatives. In short, those people belonging to the top-level management may apply for this course.
One-day health and safety awareness course, five-day site management safety training scheme is also available. Besides, refresher courses are available to ensure that employees adhere to the latest techniques and practices. Expert training at relevant levels/positions is offered by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) to spread the awareness of health and safety.
The course aims at enhancing the existing knowledge associated with the potential hazards of delegates. During the final stage of the course, theoretical and practical summary related to health, welfare, safety, and environmental issues are delivered to the candidates. Some of the additional topics covered under this course are as follows:
- How to prevent fatalities at the worksites?
- Health and Safety Law
- Assessment of risks and method statements
- Updating and reporting unsafe acts to avert accidents
What is meant by the term Site Management Safety Training Scheme?
Management Safety Training Scheme is a two-day course that describes the roles and responsibilities of site supervisors. This training is focused on effective toolbox talks and the certificate is valid up to five years. The certificate can be renewed by taking a refresher course, which helps the candidates to update the latest topics in health, welfare.