There are a lot of questions asked about the car detailing. It’s a relatively new thing in the market. People are gradually learning awareness of auto detailing. There are many full auto details near me, but I learned just two years back. Likewise, others also have difficulty in understanding the full auto details nearby.
So, to assist potential customers. We will elaborate on the auto-detailing. The purpose of writing a blog to make all the readers understand and the difference in car detailing with other washing that’s traditionally followed around the world.
What is Car Detailing?
In simple words, getting car detailed means – thorough cleaning from top-bottom with specialized tools and products. Typically, detailers apply cosmetics to fill and remove the touch-ups as much as possible. However, it doesn’t allow paintwork or repair of the body.
Moreover, it involves interior and exterior cleaning of all the corners. Detailing aims to restore every side of the car and bring it in the immaculate condition as it was purchased.
Many full auto details near me have found simply washing the car outside and remove dust from inside. That’s not detailing. That’s simply a car wash. Detailing is a lengthy process, sometimes you have to leave the car for a day or two at the workshop. They buff, polish and vacuum the care.
What is the difference between an Auto Detail and a Car Wash?
Now that you’ve learned about the detailing. We will give you a detail about the difference between a car wash and car auto detailing. But hold your horses – car wash only covers a part of car auto detailing. That’s why it cost you $40 maximum. The result is also different from the auto car detailing.
Moreover, cash wash is done in a maximum of an hour, whereas car detailing takes a day or two, as mentioned earlier. A car wash is artificial, temporary cleaning.
What are the steps in Auto Detailing?
Since it is a thorough cleaning, so plenty of steps are included. The detailing is divided into two parts – interior and exterior. Here we have explained in the breakdown.
Exterior Car Detailing
- The first car is washed to remove dirt, and soap is applied.
- Special brushes are used to clean tires with the soap.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry the car from top to bottom.
- The paint is polished to remove oxidation, light scratches, and swirl marks.
- The paint is waxed for an additional protection layer.
- The remaining exterior part, including windows, other rubber parts are polished.
Interior Car Detailing
- All the upholstery is removed from the car.
- Everything is vacuumed.
- The shampoo is applied to remove dirt and stains.
- If the car has leatherwork, it’s scrubbed to removed deep dirt.
- Interior glass is also thoroughly cleaned.
- Lastly, the engine is also cleaned with different high-end products.