If you are provided with the question of upgrading your vehicle by altering its outlook, you will choose to avail wrap services instead of paint. Although the paint was the only right option in the old days, vinyl wraps have been proved to be an affordable and mainstream product.
Even though they were invented first in the 1950s but, they initially were extremely expensive to be used commonly. However, in recent years, there was a dramatic drop in auto vinyl wrap services price, which made them a better option over paint in most scenarios.
Knowing Auto Vinyl Wrap Service
Before we move any further, let’s look at what is referred to as auto vinyl wrap services. These services refer to coating your car with a vinyl wrap to customize the car as per your liking or for advertising purposes. There is a huge variety present from solid colors to customized designing etc.
Car Wrap vs. Paint
When you are wishing to customize your car or give it a new unique color, the two options available include painting it or having it wrapped with vinyl wraps. So, here is a guide on how you can choose between paint and wrap. Start with asking yourself a few questions. How long can you conveniently spend without your vehicle? Are you willing to keep it for life, or will you be reselling it anytime soon?
Since the paint or wrapping can take a good time at the workshop and in meanwhile, you will have to either rent a car or look for any other alternative. Next, having it customized can make it difficult to resale it. If you have answers to these questions, you can conclude whether painting the car is the right option for you or wrapping it is.
Why do people prefer wraps over painting their cars?
Moving on to how wraps gained so much popularity over paint. Here are a few perks wraps have to offer:
- The time needed for wrapping the car is less than half of the time needed for the painting. Since painting the car would require 1 to 3 weeks while wrapping by an expert would require 3 to 5 days.
- If you choose to paint overwrap, you will be stuck with the new look for years because the paint is permanent, while wrap will need a few hours for complete removal. This advantage of smooth and quick removal allows people to customize the car as they wish without fearing any hindrance.
- Next, the point we will be considering is the cost incurred. The paint will cost you between $3,000 to $10,000, while the auto vinyl wrap services can be available for $2,500 to $5,000.
- Customization in painting the car is available but is even more expensive and requires a longer time. To ensure good paint results for your customization, you will need good quality paints. In contrast, in wrap customization, you can have it customized at the same rates without worrying about the design, graphics, or colors.
- Maintaining paint is often very high maintenance compared to auto vinyl wraps. Since paint wears out faster if not washed regularly and coated with wax, it will start to look cracked and dirty if left untouched. However, for the vinyl wrap, you can wash and wipe normally, and it will remain perfect as new.
- Car paints have varying durability. It might last longer if the quality is good enough else; it will hardly last for a year or two. However, for vinyl wraps, the durability straight out goes for ten years on average and might live longer too.
- Next, the vehicle wrapped in vinyl is protected from all sorts of weather conditions and is not affected by the weather too. It’s a very thick material that not only shields the car for you but is not impacted by such external factors easily.
- Safe removal is another perk vinyl wraps have to offer. It will not impact your car’s original paint after the removal and will ensure the same shin and texture of the car.
- Finally, we will talk about the textures. Vinyl wraps are available in a variety of designs and textures that will alter the outlook of the car and change it feels.
Pre-requisites for Car Wrap
Nope, you can just dive into wrapping your car right away. You must ensure that the vehicle is wiped clean, all the dents and marks are removed as much as possible. This will ensure that the wrap is applied in a perfect manner and there are no rough spots or imperfections in the finish. Although, this is mainly dependent on the vinyl wrap service provider. But you can ensure this by yourself if you have it cleaned and repaired yourself to ensure the best results.
To put it in a nutshell, wraps are far more beneficial than getting your car painted due to the multiple reasons we mentioned above. However, if you want to make the most of it, opting for an auto vinyl wrap service will be an excellent idea.