Whether constructing a new house, or repairing an existing structure, plastering walls can be an expensive task. Therefore, it is advisable to hire professionals to do the job. Don’t go by the DIY guides; they might enlist the exact steps, but they can’t give you the right skill to implement the plastering job.
Plastering is a specialized skill that is acquired over time and is mastered by continuous application. Smaller tasks like filling certain cracks might be ok, but constructing new walls, or complete renovation calls for expert help. There are several professional Plasterers in Brisbane that can help you with all types of plastering jobs.
Brisbane Plasterers have the right skill along with years of experience, which makes them much faster than any amateur or first timer. They are also well versed with the all the emerging trends in the field of plastering, latest techniques and the different materials that used for plastering.
Also, for our readers it is important to know that plastering interior and exterior walls are completely different jobs. They require separate techniques and materials, and only professional Plasterers in Brisbane can guide you about these differences.
For example, the two basic forms of plastering are gypsum based and cement based plastering. The former is mostly used for interior plastering because it is more susceptible to moisturizer, and the later i.e. cement based plastering can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Apparently, this is not where the story ends; there are many other differences in plastering interior and exterior walls. Exterior plastering is generally referred to as the stucco plastering. Interior plastering is also of two types, one is drywall and the other is veneer plastering.
You can hire plasterers in Brisbane for stucco plastering. These plasterers can offer you different types of stucco finishes that include
- Common Stucco: The plain finish exterior walls have this finish. Plasterers mix one part of cement with three parts of sand to make plaster mixture.
- Rough Stucco: This type of plastering produces stone like appearance. The technique requires many years of practice to master.
- Modern Stucco: This refers to the cement based plastering, which involves application of various coats, like scratch coat, brown coat and the final coat.
As discussed for internal plastering, there are two techniques, these are:
- Drywall: For the drywall techniques, firstly gypsum boards or sheets are screwed to the wall stubs. There are seams at the edges of the walls, which are the meshed up, and finally the wall may be covered with wall paper or with a thin layer of plaster.
- Veneer plastering: when one wishes to get entire walls covered in smooth finish, generally plasterers work it up with a thin layer of workable compound. The material of the wall does not really matter; the compound will cover all surfaces like ply boards, drywalls, bricks or cement. This is the most preferred plastering technique; it allows accomplishing different textures and smoothness.
The above just presents a brief account about what plastering is and the technicalities involved in implementing it. We’re sure by now readers would agree with us when we say that it is better to hire professionals for plastering job anywhere around the globe, including Brisbane.