There are so many key aspects that contribute to the longevity and value of a house. The top ones being drainage system, foundation, electrical system, heating & cooling systems, and gutter system. All these systems are equally important and their efficient working is paramount. Out of these, gutter system is responsible for protecting your doors, ceilings, walls and foundation from water damage. It also eliminates the chance of flooding and soil erosion around your house and protects your patios and backyard from damage of water retention.
But, to reap full benefits of gutter system, you need to ensure that it is cleaned regularly and is free from leaves, twigs, dust and debris. Gutter system should not be clogged in order to work efficiently. That’s why periodic gutter cleaning holds significant importance and we are going to highlight some of its major benefits ahead.
Benefits of Gutter Cleaning:
- Prevents Structural Damage of the house – One of the key benefits of gutter cleaning is that it ensures structural longevity of house. The main purpose of gutter system is to channelize the water from home so that it doesn’t enter its foundation and causes structural damage to the house. Also, blocked gutters are responsible for leakage from roofs causing damage to ceilings, walls, floor and other parts of your house. Hence, cleaning of gutter system is very crucial to maintain the structural stability of your house.
- Keeps the Pests Away – Periodic gutter cleaning can keep your home clean and hygienic. In contrast, if you leave the gutter unattended and clogged, it will become a breeding ground of mould and fungus. The dampness attracts pests like rats, mice, insects, mosquitoes, and they can make your home unhygienic. To avoid such problems, you must go for the professional gutter cleaning services.
- Prevents Damage of Landscaping – Landscaping not only improves the aesthetics of your home, but also adds value to it. Unmanaged downpour from clogged gutter system can cause soil erosion, and destroy your favorite flowers and plants in the landscape. Therefore, gutter cleaning is of utmost importance to maintain the landscaping in its best condition.
- Prevents Flooding of Basement – If gutters are blocked then you are bound to face the issue of basement flooding. Because of clogged gutters water gets overflowed and starts to accumulate in basement. This further allows growth of mold and mildew that causes allergy and respiratory problems. Also, the basement interior gets damaged because of water flooding. To keep all these problems at bay, it is best to go for periodic gutter cleaning.
- Increases longevity of the roof – We all know that choosing the right roofing material ensures the longevity of the roof. But, there is yet another important factor that you must take into account, and that is cleaning of gutter system. During winter season, the clogged gutters trap ice that adds an extra weight on your roof. However, if you opt for regular gutter cleaning, it will ensure that water and ice gets flowed down from your roof, thus reducing the probability of damage to the roof.
- Protects Home from any Leakage – One of the primary reasons for installing gutter is to provide proper water passage from roof to main drainage system. If gutters are clogged, this water doesn’t find a way to pass through roof to main drainage. So, you can avoid this problem with regular gutter cleaning.
It is, therefore, clear now that keeping the gutter system clean is beneficial for longevity and stability of your house. It helps to maintain the exterior and interior of your house in best conditions for years to come. Do it yourself or hire a professional service provider for cleaning your gutters on regular interval.