Below are some tasks that real estate agent do
- Capture homes for commercialization.
- Analyze the market to know the sale price of recent operations.
- Perform the necessary tasks for the appraisal of the house.
- Prepare the property promotion plan.
- Adapt housing through home staging techniques.
- Make the necessary photos to announce the property.
- Prepare ads for portals or tokens within the company’s real estate website.
- Attending the calls of possible interested in the property.
- Make appointments to teach homes, and attend the days of visit.
- Negotiate with clients and properties the contracts of sale, rent or purchase.
- Provide the necessary information to interested parties about mortgages and contacts with banks.
- Accompany the clients in the signature in case of sale.
All these functions fall into what is normally done by real estate managers. In addition, and depending on the position you hold in the real estate in which you work, you may have to perform some more functions, such as:
- If the real estate agency manages rents, you should be aware of renewals of contracts, as well as attend to possible incidents in the properties and act as intermediaries between the owners and the tenants.
- Hiring insurance and other services for owners and tenants.
- Preparation of promotional material for the dissemination of property, such as posters, brochures and banners.
- Change of ownership in the supplies of electricity, water, etc.
- Assistance and legal advice if necessary for clients.
Requirements to be a real estate agent
As we have said on other occasions, being a property manager does not require any official title of real estate agent at a national level, although for some years, some communities require a “registration” as a requirement to be a real estate agent, to endow of greater security to the sector.
Probably because the sector has received harsh criticism for its lack of professionalization, communities like Catalonia have decided to demand a real estate agent registration. And it is not the only community; more and more professionals in the sector are asking the authorities for this type of registers to guarantee something necessary in a market that moves so many millions of dollars: security.
In addition to these requirements to be a real estate agent, a professional who wants to dedicate himself to this must have two fundamental qualities: vocation of customer service and ability to work as a team.
With respect to the first, no modern business can survive without serving its customers well. At least not one that aspires to be something in the sector. And working as a team is also necessary, because as some readers of this blog have told us, in this profession many others converge, with which the real estate agent must coordinate for the success of an operation. As an agent, your income is largely controlled when you invest, but you can increase your business by adding an assistant or several assistants. Or get your agent’s license and create a brokerage agency, sponsoring agents to take advantage of your potential. Cecil D. Frank is a real estate agent with experience working in the Toronto real estate market, and you can consult with Cecil Darren Frank on your next deal.