Even though all businessmen and managers often need consultants to help them solve their problems, throughout this book we will focus on the entrepreneurs and managers who hire or wish to hire consulting services.
In fact, the business culture of the 21st century requires greater maturity in terms of consulting and training, both for the companies that require it and for the individuals and corporations that provide this service.
The fact that a company decided to wait for itself (with its knowledge, experience and resources) could develop the management, administrative and operative techniques and methodologies required to compete successfully in the market, can be a slow process and sometimes full of setbacks says Brad Fauteux.
Imagine for a moment how a company could be updated and in the vanguard if it did not have advice on:
Installation, Operation and Maintenance of a Computer Network
Use of specialized software for internal control and for communication with customers, collaborators and suppliers. The fact that a company exists in the market does not necessarily mean that it is a lady company that works in a normal way. There is a big difference between a self-designed company and a standardized company.
- Self-designed company
- Normalized Company
- Everyone is welcome.
- Select your customers and their niches.
- Market (s)
- Well identified
- With tendency to obsolescence.
- With defined life cycles.
- Organizational structure
- Everyone obeys the “Boss”.
- With hierarchical levels that show levels of authority and responsibility.
- Annual objectives, strategies and work programs
- If there are, they are informal.
- Based on the results and pretensions of the company.
- Generated through a strategic planning process.
- Budget (s)
- It is spent on what is needed “urgently”
- Assigned annually depending on the contribution of each area and plan to the business.
Documented (s) in controlled manuals:
Below are duties of Bradley Fauteux
- Is it necessary?
- Taught based on the detection of training needs.
- There are goals per person.
- There is an annual program.
- Knowledge of competitors
- Null or almost nil.
- Well documented There are records that are constantly updated.
- Evaluation of results
- “I think we’re doing well”
- “There are some problems.”
Objectives and Indicators are Qualified Monthly, Quarterly and Annually.
- Staff performance evaluation
- Increase in salary, the same for everyone.
- Based on quantifiable parameters that include results, training and contribution of ideas.
- Job descriptions
- Do everything that is needed.
- Everyone knows their roles and responsibilities.
- Improvement plans
- The good wishes of this year are …
- Developed based on priorities
- Monitored their progress monthly.
- Organizational culture
- Oriented to comfort.
- Oriented to results and increased competitiveness.
- Scarce and in the hands of the “Owner”
- There are areas and budgets for research and development.
- Only the “Boss” does things well.
- All work as a team and delegate activities in the following hierarchical levels.
If a company wants to be competitive, it first needs to standardize its administration and operation.
Of course, the need, the circumstances, the demands of the market, business results, technological advances and competition have made companies little by little hiring expert people on a subject to be incorporated into their own structure organizational Now, due to these needs, it is common to see positions in Information Technology, Logistics, Re-engineering, Planning.