Contaminant-free compressed air piping systems are trending these days. Manufacturers of FRP pipes India are being approached by many industrial and construction companies. In this article, they will explain the benefits to use plastic piping. Also, you will get to know about limitations and do’s and don’ts of installation.
In general, you should know that plastic is rust-resistant. However, for piping solutions, manufacturers use specialized plastics like FRP and GRP. These piping products lower leakages since the most joints are solvent cemented instead of threaded.
Traditionally, cast iron or galvanized steel pipe used in compressed air systems forms corrosion, rust, and other debris that can bring several manufacturing defects. These contaminants are eliminated with copper or stainless steel pipe. But if we see the present scenario, there is other option available to the users. Metal piping solutions are threaded systems. These are prone to leakage and can bring unexpected expenses. Manufacturers bring plastic piping that has low operating costs.
Plastic piping manufactured for compressed air systems are crafted by experienced engineers. Plastic has proven to be the best material for compressed air and gas. There are four factors that engineers consider while specifying a system:
- Material performance
- Material cost
- Initial installed labor cost
- Long term maintenance cost
Do’s and don’ts of the plastic pipe installation:
Here are some do’s and don’ts you should remember while installing plastic piping. First, we will talk about do’s:
- You have to use appropriate applicator
- You have to use the correct solvent cement
- You have to apply correct cement on wet primer
- You have to follow every guideline shared by professionals for best results
Don’ts of plastic pipe installation:
- Attempt to solvent weld in these conditions:
- Temperature of atmosphere is lower than 40 degree Fahrenheit
- The product is under direct exposure to the sun at 90 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
- Discard empty cans of primer, solvent, or rags near piping
Note: Why you have to discard all waste cans?
Since concentrated fumes or dripping cement or primer can result in failure of piping, you must trash all empty useless cans.
All these tips are shared by manufacturers of FRP pipes India. If you want to know about piping system and benefits of using plastic pipes in fields, ask experts for help. You will get the best answers from professionals.