Firstly we know about the WordPress, WordPress is a free and open-source content management system it is also called CMS which is used to make the website. In accordance with 2018 survey, a lot of sites are used WordPress in which 10 million websites are in the top. To create a site, WordPress is the most popular website management system. It was released on 27 May in 2003 and the founders of WordPress are Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
Now let’s discuss the WordPress Backup, the main work Backup means refers to the coping in the archive file that is already stored in secondary storage that means it used to retrieve the actual data after the loss of data.
WordPress backup is that type of backup in which contains every post, every comment and every link you have attached in your blog. If any condition your database gets erased or it may be corrupted, you are the standing at the condition where were to lose everything you have written, sometimes it could happen and not all are things you can control in that condition a proper backup of your WordPress database and files, you can quickly restore your data and manage thing back to normal that why backup is used.
Some instruction which is used to backup your WordPress Site:
- First one is a WordPress site and your WordPress database.
- The second is – Automatic WordPress backup options.
If any confusion about the WordPress Backup then additional support is provided to help through the internet is WordPress Support Forums which help you go through the process. Another important thing you can use this method to backup in other data.
Some Documentation which is used in backup:
- First of all, you Backing your database.
- Second is you must Restoring your Database from Backup.
- The third and last is Backing up your WordPress Site
Listed below are the documentation which is used during backing up WordPress Site.
Some sites which are backing up your WordPress Site:
- WordPress Core Installation
- WordPress Backup Plugins
- WordPress Themes
- Images and Files
- Additional Sites and Static Web Pages
These are sites which are used in various combination to generate your website. In WordPress Backup sites, the first database contains your posts and then a huge amount of data generated on your site, but the condition is it does not include the above steps of Backup elements they all are come together to create the look and information on your site. Then these sites need to save. Now some reason why website disasters come:
- It could be a sudden server crash.
- A hacker attack.
And even accidentally erasing some important files from your WordPress database.
The only way of keeping a backup is you can ensure the security of your website. In 2004, hackers used a vulnerability in a plugin to hack 50,000 WordPress Websites.
There are some most popular WordPress Plugins:
The WordPress support Plugins has over 50,000 different plugins are available, so how can you know or find which one is best to your site. So, a lot of those plugins perform the same functionality, so that will help narrow down to your search. In that, some of those plugins are low quality, so it’s not recommended to install them on your site. Some plugins which are most popular WordPress plugins that you’ll want to install on your WordPress Site.
- Yoast SEO
- Contact Form 7
- W3 Total Cache
- Smush Image Compression
- Google XML Sitemaps
- NextGen Gallery
- Slider Revolution
- Page Builder By SiteOrgin
- MailChimp for WordPress
- Limit Login Attempts
These are the plugins which mainly used in WordPress Sites.
Steps for Backup a WordPress Site:
- Download and Install Backup
- Configure Backup
- Set up Offside Backups
- Complete Your First Backup
- Schedule regular Backups
Concepts of WordPress Backup:
If we talk about the concept of WordPress Backup it has two places where your data and content are stored. In this first one is your wp-content folder, where your themes, plugins, and any uploaded content is located. And the second one is the database that organizes and stores your products, orders, posts, pages, etc. There are two types of Backup which are used in WordPress websites:
- Automatic Backup
- It has unlimited storage space.
- It automates regular backups of your entire site including database, plugins, themes, settings, etc.
- It also has instant restore service so that if something goes wrong you revert to an older version with one click.
- In this direct access to 24/7 is available to support.
- Manual Backup
- Firstly you go to Tools then to export all of your site content. Because this contains all of your posts, pages, comments, etc.
- After that, you go this step to backup your theme files and plugin files, log into your site via FTP to find your files in the folder.