If you have never been into rafting before and have decided to try it this year, you may find it difficult to figure out exactly what to bring during the activity.
Well, if you are going through this situation right now, no need to worry. It is because experts in rafting at the city of Cagayan de Oro, Philippines give some helpful ideas on what to bring during rafting adventure.
* Clothes that dry quickly are recommended. Since rafting sports are mainly held in the water, expect to get wet during the entire adventure. In rafting, quick drying-nylon shorts and shirts are the most recommended. Quick drying-nylon clothes are good for sports like rafting because they only weigh light and are very durable, plus they dry up immediately. Clothes like these are not difficult to find. Almost all sports shop have these kinds of clothes, so start shopping now. If you will spend a few days in rafting, you can at least get three pairs of this kind of garments.
* Prepare for any mud stains. There are times that water in rivers where rafting sports are held are not clear and may have a muddy brown color due to the rain. So, always pick up clothes that are not easily stained and where dirts will not be that visible.
* Bring some sun protection in your bag. Sun protection is a very important thing that you must bring in your rafting trip. Your skin must be protected from the heat of the sun while you encounter the big and roaring waves of the river. If you do not have any skin protection products, wearing clothes with long sleeve is recommended.
* Stay Hydrated. Always bring a bottle of water with you. Yes, drinking water is available in any rafting camp like Kagay. But, it is still best to be safe and be ready as hydration is important in sports like rafting. Also, there are other activities that you might do aside from rafting, sometimes the place where the rafting will be held has caves nearby. You might want to visit these caves and bring the bottled water with you in case you get thirsty on your way there or during the hike.
* Be Organized. One of the best ways to make sure that the clothes you are about to pack stay organize and dry is to use a plastic zipper bags. Veteran rafters often say that they will roll their shorts and shirts up like a cigar form and put them in plastic ziplock bag. According to them, it keeps their clothes and other things separate and easy to see and get.
So, after all the packing, you are ready to enjoy the exhilarating experience that white water rafting adventure can give you!
Have you not chosen your white water rafting firm yet? Well, if that is the case, you can always book your rafting adventure here at Kagay! We are one of the Philippines’ best whitewater rafting outfitters. Feel the rush of whitewater rafting adventure with Kagay rafting company and discover the thrill of nature at its wildest!
About the Author:
Justin Kagay is an outdoor enthusiast since he was a child. He used to accompany his dad in their adventures and he has grown accustomed to the challenges of nature. He loves kayaking as well as mountain climbing. Justin Kagay is currently a completing his medical studies.